Monday, May 12, 2008

Blocks and Socks

On Saturday I went to my first Block of the Month class for 2008-2009. I love the quilt we are making this year. It is cute and whimsical and I love the colors. The first "block" is the upper left hand corner of the quilt. It is made up of three sections: the friendship stars, the green and white checkered, and the flowers on the yellow background. I was going to do a more complicated applique technique on this quilt because with only one block a month I will have the time. But as I look ahead at some of the blocks there are LOTS of little appliques, so I think I am just going to use fusible webbing and stitch around the edge.



I finally started another pair of socks after finishing my California Dreamin' ones. It is the Embossed Leaves pattern from Interweaves Favorite Socks book. I am using Pagewood Farms sock yarn in the Ireland colorway and my Knit Picks Harmony dpns.
I adore these needles. They are so gorgeous and such a pleasure to work with. And they don't bend out of shape like my bamboo double pointed needles did. I had to learn a new cast on for this sock. The tubular rib cast on. I found a great video tutorial online here. She does a great job and I picked it up really fast.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails