Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baby Bedding

The baby bedding is done! Whew! We made the whole thing in one week. It was exhausting but when the new mommy (for the second time) opened it, she loved it. So it was all worth it. Here are some pictures of the finished bedding. (she already had a pink sheet on the crib)


So, in one week we made a quilt, bumper, crib skirt, baby sleeping pillow, receiving blanket, curtains, and a wall hanging with her name on it. It is amazing how much you can get done when there are two people working on it. My friend was getting sick and we had one day left to finish the set so I surprised her by doing the crib skirt by myself. We were also going to do a diaper stacker but we gave up on that as we ran out of time.

I was thinking that I would get a little bit of a sewing break this week, hoping to spend more time on my Embossed Leaf socks. I have to get my applique block of the month done by Saturday morning but that's all. Then my daughter said she wanted to make quilts for her two activity day leaders from church. I thought, ok well we have some time, a few weeks at least. Then I got a baby shower invite in the mail for one of them and it is this Saturday afternoon! So I guess we will be making a baby quilt this week.

I am so excited that this is the last week of school for my kids. I can't wait to have them home with me. We bought some workbooks to keep up their learning throughout the summer and they are really excited about them. We got an extra one about animals for my son (almost 8 yrs old), and one about presidents and states for my daughter (will be 10 years old by the end of summer). They are excited and so am I. I also love that I can take them to the zoo, the pool, the beach, the movies, and anywhere and everywhere our hearts desire.

5 comments:

Tina said...

The baby bedding turned out so nice. I love the colors and style of it. I bet that mom was so excited when she opened up the gift! What kind of quilt are you going to do for the shower? A quilter's work is never done!

Jacquie said...

so darling!

Johnna said...

Wow, that's a beautiful set. (and so much work, trembled the barely-quilter Johnna)

I like your summer plans. that's a good idea about workbooks. I always loved about summer, the way the schedule is open for anywhere and everywhere your heart desires.

My friend in Wyoming invited us to spend July 4th with her! So we'll have a big fun family trip now with our friends.

FabricMom said...

Beautiful set. Great job.

Rebekah C said...

this is such a cute set! Knowing how to sew is so great...you can definitely make a great, custom set that looks better than anything that you can buy in a boutique (or target or babies r us!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails