Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quilt Swap

I was reading a blog and saw a reference for a quilt swap. Huh...that sounds like it might be fun...click the link. Next thing I know I signed up! I can make a small quilt and send it off by September 1st. I decided to pick Quilter's Choice (for whoever makes one for me) since I think it would be fun to be surprised. So if this sounds like a fun thing to you, go check it out here!


I'm helping my friend make a crib set for her sis-in-law who is having a baby girl. She picked the colors pink, brown, and cream for the bedding. We are having fun designing, sewing, laughing, seam ripping, crying and all the other things that come with making a crib set. I used to have an online custom crib and toddler bedding business years ago. After about four years I closed up shop because I was starting to hate quilting (gasp!) and my back was getting worse and worse. Anyways, I haven't made a crib set in a long time and I am really enjoying it. The best part is my friend is making one of the pieces I don't enjoy *cough* bumper pad *cough*. I will get pictures of the whole thing when we are finished but for now here is a peek at one of the items I made today...

And this is a sneak peek of what I hope I will finish by tomorrow...

Now go sign up for that quilt swap!

2 comments:

Tina said...

How's that baby stuff coming along? I'm "sharing the love" with you over on my blog. If you have time, please stop by.

Conner Posse said...

that is incredibly cute!! okay...if i have a baby girl you KNOW i am so gonna want to "hire" you - right?!? i have such fond memories of tlccustomquilts.com and all that. this just brought it all back. it's so fun to see what you're working on. as for me...i better go back and work on my blog! ha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails