Friday, July 18, 2008

Cathedral Windows

If you guessed that my doll swap quilt is the Cathedral Windows pattern, you would be right! I have always wanted to make one and I thought this swap would be the perfect opportunity. My swap partner loves bright colors with lots of white in the quilt so I thought this would be a pattern she would like.
Getting the "windows" tucked and sewn in is a little fiddly but gets easier with each one.
This is all I have so far. I love how it looks and I am having fun with it. Every time I am ready for a new "window" I go through my scraps and pick something out. So it doesn't look like I am doing any kind of color pattern, just random bright, cheerful prints. I have a feeling this is going to be very hard to part with, so before this one leaves my house I may have to make its twin to stay here.
If you would like to try your hand at this pattern there is a wonderful tutorial here that I am using. She does a fantastic job at explaining the process and has great pictures for those of us who are visual learners.

11 comments:

Julie said...

That's really stunning!

Tina said...

Very nice! You are doing a great job! What a lucky swap partner you have!

We Six Nasons said...

Beautiful! You should do a little tutorial on how that is done. I have no idea....

Conner Posse said...

that's so bright and pretty!! i really need to sew something...

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Wow, so pretty! I love it! :)

Dianna said...

Wow Trisha is that beautiful or what!!! You have major talents!!! I love it.

Jacquie said...

You sewed your windows in by machine. How did you do that? I've been struggling sewing my windows by hand...so slowly.

AJ said...

I love cathedral windows as well. I am a bit intimidated by it but every time I see one I want to make one. Your's is stunning and I love the quilt that is the background for your header.

Holly Elam said...

Oh wow. Those are beautiful. I would love to try this pattern but have been terrified of it for years.

Penny said...

You really do amazing work! That looks incredible!

diane said...

You've got talent. This is so fresh and beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails