Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Did you miss me?

I can't believe I haven't posted since July 4th! I sure have been busy! I went through my fabric stash and organized it a little better in hopes of quilting from my stash this summer. Although we will see how that goes since I have been a little surprised at how much I don't get done on my projects with the kids home. I am having fun with them and we are involved in some fun activities this summer. I just had to change my expectations on all the knitting and quilting I thought I was going to get done. There will be plenty of time for that level of crazy crafting in September when they are back in school.

I am so glad I bought the Itty-Bitty Hats and Itty-Bitty Nursery books by Susan B Anderson (love her blog!). I just finished my first hat from the Itty-Bitty Hats book:

Isn't it so cute!! I just love it! I made it for my nephew that was born in May. I made the 0-6months size so I am really hoping it fits him.


I joined a traveling scarf group on Ravelry. There are twelve people in my group and everyone starts a scarf and then sends it on to the next person. They knit 3-4" onto your scarf and then send it on. In the end I will get my scarf back with everyones stitches on it. I thought it would be a fun thing to participate in. It should be interesting to see what it looks like when it comes back. I am really looking forward to knitting on everyone elses scarves. It will be fun to get creative with picking different yarns and stitches. Here is the start to my scarf:


I used a reversible cable pattern, Palindrome. I love cables so I thought it was fitting to start my scarf off with one, and when I get it back I will finish it off with this same pattern.

Saturday my husband took the kids out on a canoeing/geocaching trip. There are some geocaches in our area that you can only get to in a boat so he borrowed a friend's canoe and they had a great time. I would have love to go but I know it wouldn't have worked with my back. So I got hours and hours of a quiet house and the choice to do whatever I wanted. It was pure heaven. I did get some sewing done on one of my block of the month projects. I did these two blocks. I love the fabrics!

I still have to get to the applique block for this month. Yes, that makes three blocks in this one month and that is only one of my block of the months!


I had a big disappointment on my second Embossed Leaves sock. I was on the third repeat of the 16 row lace pattern (cuff down) and looked down and noticed a big gaping hole in the second repeat. I have absolutely no idea how that happened! I had to frog the whole sock becasue I don't have a clue how to pick up dropped stitches on a lace pattern. I am kicking myself for not using a lifeline. Duh!

6 comments:

Tina said...

what a cute hat! love the blocks of the month! the scarf project sounds fun! so sorry about your sock :o(.

My Three Sons Designs said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my give-away! Glad to find your blog...what beautiful things you make! I'm hoping to one day become a quilter...I'll be back to visit!

Susan said...

Olive your hat!

There is so much to look at here. You are one busy person.

Take care, susan

Jacquie said...

Love those blocks. I have that fabric too...the polka dots are so great with it. Nice hat too...I do admire knitters!

Lou said...

Show-off! I haven't started my block for the PacFab - or Shibori for that matter. Going to be a busy weekend. Are you going to do Stitch & Pitch?

jmbmommy said...

That hat could be the cutest thing that I have EVER seen. I guess I am going to have to check that book out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails