Monday, August 4, 2008

Folded Flowers

First of all, I keep forgeting to say thank you for your great ideas on what to do with my big flower block-of-the-month blocks. I think pillows and tablerunners are great ideas. I especially love the idea that Amber gave about using the blocks to make tote bags. It really is a great idea becasue my friend, Lou, gave me all her blocks so I have two of each block. Perfect for tote bags!




I have received a lot of compliments on my header and each one has made me smile. Thanks! Jen over at Crafty Giveaways did a tutorial on folded flowers just like the ones in my header. I love the way she constructed hers. It is different than the way I did mine and I think it is a lot easier. She had a giveaway of the leftovers from a gorgeous quilt she made. It included beautiful batik squares to make folded flowers and some already folded flowers all ready to go. Sadly, I didn't win the grand prize. But for those of us who entered and didn't win, she sent us our own batik squares to try our hand at folded flowers.



Don't you think that is so generous!! So here are my squares all made up into folded flowers. Isn't the fabric beautiful! Thanks Jen!!

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Gorgeous fabric and gorgeous flowers!!

Gina said...

Thank you for the link. I can't wait to have a go

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Dianna said...

Very beautiful. You continue to amaze me Trisha!

susan said...

that is very generous! such yummy squares. your folded flowers look so pretty. i think i might try to make some of these

ChristyH said...

Those flowers are really cute. Perhaps you should make a few tote bags and seel them over at etsy for knitting bags. hint hint, especially in the colors like your header.

Chookyblue...... said...

love your folded flowers header.........

Related Posts with Thumbnails