Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Got Mail!!

Mail makes me happy! It's as simple as that. I love the excitement of opening a package (even when I know what's in it). I got two packages in the span of an hour. First came my quilt that I had sent off to C&T Publishing to be photographed for Jennifer Chiaverini's new pattern book. I am so relieved to have it home safe! Now I can put it on my bed and enjoy it every day.




The second package I got was from Knit Picks. They are having a 40% off sale on their books. What a deal! I really took advantage of it and got some books I have been wanting for a long time. I got Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's latest book, and I hear it is wonderful! I just love her and her sense of humor. I also got this great collection of sock patterns. Socks are my favorite thing to knit!




I also got two wonderful books that I have borrowed from the library so many times that I finally gave in and bought them for myself. Did I mention that I am a addicted to knitting socks?



Then I bought these two books that are filled with adorable baby hats and other baby gift ideas. I thought this would be good for baby gift giving. Baby items work up fast and are fun to make.


And of course you can't order from Knit Picks without getting some yarn. I got these in hopes of using them for the baby hats I am going to be making.


I think knitting wins my time today!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Hooray for mail! I'm waiting for my goodies to come in the mail any day now. I'm so glad your quilt is back and now you can put it on your bed and really enjoy it...(hmmm I really should finish my quilt for my bed ;) ) Too bad no one wants to put mine in their book so I'd get it done faster.

Cheryl said...

Just found your lovely blog...what fun! And that quilt of yours that came back to you BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jacquie said...

Amazing quilt and loads of great goodies. I'll be staying tuned for the knitting. Maybe I can pick up a few tips. I'm going to start my first project soon.

Anne Ida said...

O, you got your SBS home safe and sound! Wonderful! I really look forward to seeing a picture of it in the book!

The rest of your mail looks wonderful, too!

Take care!

Lou said...

just like Christmas at your house, isn't it?

Linda said...

Love love love that quilt, it is gorgeous! And I too am addicted to socks :-)

Conner Posse said...

Sooo...are you by any chance addicted to knitting socks? You need to come over and get me addicted, too.

That quilt is GORGEOUS. I want to make something!! I just don't know how to get started...

Related Posts with Thumbnails