Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stripes!

Look how cute my socks are turning out! I love self striping yarn. I'm getting these socks done faster because I like to watch the pattern unfold.
The yarn is Knit Picks Felici in the mixed berry colorway. I decided to work on both socks at the same time to avoid SSS (second sock syndrome). So I just always pick up the shorter one when I sit down to knit. Plus I like the stripes to match so it is easier to do that if I cast them both on at the same time.


The quilt that the socks are on is my Valentine's Dear Jane that I made with my sister, Tina. We did the same thing we are doing for our big Dear Jane. We made two of each block and exchanged our second block. So we both have a little Dear Jane that we both made. It was a good instant gratification quilt since our big Dear Jane is taking a while.


Here is a full view of mine...

I did machine embroidered hearts around the outside of the blocks and tried my first scalloped border.

And here is a picture of Tina's...





I love the way she quilted hers. And I love how she free motion quilted the word love over and over again in the border.

I hope Tina won't mind me sharing her quilt. I don't think she will, she is so easy going. I am lucky to have her for a sister!

4 comments:

Conner Posse said...

how on earth does that yarn know how to make perfect stripes in a sock?!? i am ASTOUNDED. :o) i still need to learn how to knit, girlfriend. word.

p.s. i am so TAN!!!

Purple and Paisley said...

oh how i wish i could knit socks...yours look wonderful...thank you for stopping by my blog and the nice comment...please keep coming back and i'm so glad i found your blog! =)

Jen said...

Beautifl Dear Jane quilts. Love your blog header. ;) Thanks for entering my giveaway. Please pass on the word as I'm going to have a different giveaway every week - something for everyone. Check back on Friday to see who the winner is.

Julie said...

Thanks for the nice compliment on my blog for my start QAL. I like your blog - I will come back to it to see your progress on the stripy socks! The quilts are very pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails