Friday, July 18, 2008

Traveling Scarf #1

I got my first two traveling scarves in the mail earlier this week. It is fun but a little nerve racking picking out yarn and a stitch that will compliment what the owner of the scarf started with. For the first one I wanted something really soft and drapy since that is what the owner's yarn was like. So I searched through my stash and came up with the softest thing I could find that was about the same weight. It was Microspun. This yarn is super splitty and makes you want to rip your hair out, BUT it is very pretty and soft once it is knit up. So I figured I could do the knitting and she would get to do the enjoying of the finished product. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be because I was smart and used blunt tipped needles which minimized the splitting.



I chose a diamond brocade stitch from a stitch-a-day calendar my mom gave me as a gift. I think it turned out really pretty and I think the colors look nice together too. I sure hope the recipient likes it! I sent it off in the mail and now I am onto the second one.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

I just love that stitch. I have admired it before. You are just too cool doing all these neat projects!!

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing your traveling scarf projects, it's fun to see what you get and what you choose to do with them! Very nice stitch.

Related Posts with Thumbnails