Sunday, July 20, 2008

Traveling Scarf #2

Second scarf done!




I looked through my stash and quickly figured out which yarn I wanted to use. The scarf's owner listed the colors she wanted this scarf knit with and it was the only color I had. So I picked Knit Picks Crayon in the Beach Glass colorway. Crayon is made of 100% pima cotton which worked out great because the scarf owner didn't want any acrylic in her scarf.




I am happy with how it turned out, but I had some frustrations along the way. I think I tried about five different stitch patterns. I had to keep frogging it. You couldn't even see the stitch pattern because the yarn is a boucle. So I ended up using the diamond eyelet stitch pattern. I think it looks pretty! I hope she like it!



Time to send this one off. Can't wait for the next one to come in the mail!

2 comments:

Lou said...

aren't these fun!!!! I should be getting 2 in the mail today...so it'll be all night looking at stitch bibles to pick out just the right stitch. I'm enjoying this even more than I thought I would.

Dianna said...

You did it again!! Very cute pattern. Another I have noticed but never tried. It looks like the owner is a good knitter - since she knows how to put her initials and other things in a second color. Also wanting natural fabrics sounds like it too. She is probably one never to use.. Excuse the word.. Acrylics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails