Monday, August 18, 2008

Anniversary

This past weekend was our 12th wedding anniversary!

I surprised my husband (and my kids) by arranging for our kids to spend the weekend with my sister that lives an hour away. Thanks, sis!! While the kids had a ball with their cousins, we had a ball being alone!

It is so amazing to be alone for an extended period of time with no distractions (I love them like crazy, but I am talking about our kids). It felt like back when we were dating and it was exciting and all you wanted to do was be together!

Friday night after I dropped the kids off, I met hubby and we had a date. He brought me a big, gorgeous bouquet of the most fragrant flowers. (I wish I would have taken a picture right away when they were looking extra fresh)




On our date we went to the temple and then out to dinner to Black Angus. We had never eaten there before and it was yummy and we had plenty to take home and have the next night.


On Saturday we were responsible and had some fun too. Our closet shelving broke a week ago so we spent some time putting our new shelving together and installing it. I love working together on a project. Hubby even gave me more room for my clothes to hang (which took away from his clothes space) and I didn't even ask for it. He is so sweet to me! We also went out to the movies and ran some errands.

On Sunday we went to church without the kids (they went to church with my sister) and that was so weird to not have them there. Last night we drove to my sister's house and had dinner and picked up the kids. It was so good to see them and I missed them a lot.

I can't believe I am lucky enough to be married to my best friend! I feel so blessed to have him as my husband and the father of my children. Here's to 12 more happy years!

10 comments:

Wool Winder said...

You're getting a taste of what it's like to have an empty nest, which is where my husband and I find ourselves right now. We miss having the kids at home, but we sure do enjoy spending time with each other. Happy Anniversary!

Tina said...

That is great that you guys got to do that and have such a fun few days together!

Sunny said...

Happy Anniversary! I love when me and my hubby do those projects together too. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Jacquie said...

happy anniversary. sometimes those every day things are the special times. loved hearing about your weekend. hope you have many more!

Lou said...

I'm amazed you got anything done! When my daughter was little and went to visit someone for the weekend - I spent most of my time checking for her whereabouts to see what she was up to - 'cause she was being waytoo quiet. 'bout the time I adjusted to the silence - she was back!

julieQ said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your closet looks wonderful, and more hanging space, wow! what a great hubby. I am slowly getting used to the empty nest, too.

Holly said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time. Here's to you and a life time of happy memories.

ChristyH said...

I love anniveraries, especially mine. ;0) Last month was 16 years for us. It gets better every year when your married to your best friend. I am so glad yours was wonderful.

em's scrapbag said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to many more :)

Kim said...

What a fun thing to do for your anniversary. We did that about 5 years ago and it's definitely time to do it again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails