Sunday, August 3, 2008

Berry Lovely

All done!! Hooray! There is something so fun and satisfying about finishing a pair of socks. Usually I get to start wearing them right away but wool socks don't work so well in the summer time. Even in the mild summer climate I live in!





I love these socks. I love the colors, I love that self striping yarn is fun and fast to knit, and I love how cute they look on me.




So here are the stats. I used Knit Picks Felici sock yarn in the Mixed Berry colorway. I used a size 1 (2.50mm) for the leg but realized it was a bit roomy so I switched to a smaller size 1 (2.25mm) for the heel, gusset, and foot.




Now I really should finish up some of the unfinished socks I have sitting around (I don't have that many) but I am really itchin' to cast on a new pair!

6 comments:

Kentanner11 said...

Wow! Those are amazing! What pattern did you use??

Thanks!
Tanner

~From www.tannersnotes.blogspot.com

Tina said...

awesome job! they turned out so perfect!

randi said...

The socks are so cute! They look cozy for cool weather!

Dianna said...

Those are amazing Trisha. So cool to know how to knit socks. You did a perfect job too. The stripes look like they line up perfectly. I love the colors too. Hooray for you!! Size 1 needles sound soooo small.

We Six Nasons said...

Very nice socks. I like seeing how your knitting is coming along, it is so complimentary to quilting, don't you think?

Mary said...

One day I'm going to try and knit socks but I just hate working with DPN. I'm not a very good knitter but I enjoy it when I find time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails