Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm outta here!

I never thought it would happen when I read this post. Did you read that paragraph at the end? The one with the invite? I called her up to tell her that was just mean (teasing of course) because there was no way that I could come. Then my mom e-mailed me asking if I was going and when I said no she offered to fly me there saying she wanted to "repay" me for a favor I did for her. Wow! Then my husband said, " You should go and have fun. I will work from home that week." Double wow!

So I get to spend a week in California! My sweetheart is going to stay home with the kids so I don't have to worry about anything! Somebody pinch me!

My parents are picking me up and I get to spend a few days at their house. I love hanging out with my mom and dad. My mom is a knitter so we sit and knit together and I love it. My grandma lives nearby so I will get to see her too. My mom and I will drive down to Tina's house and spend a few days with her. I am excited to see her. We won't have time to make a sister quilt or work on our Dear Jane quilt, but we will be going to the quilt show on my birthday! So fun!

I set this to post while I am in the air. I hope security let me take my knitting needles on the plane!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Can't wait!

Lou said...

I want to pictures!!!

Jacquie said...

How fabulous is that! Have a ball!!!

em's scrapbag said...

I'm so happy for you. Have a fabulous time!!!

quilterpolly said...

I just stumbled on your blog and see you are living close to my home which is Anacortes but now I live in California however very homesick. I see you are coming to California don't know if you are going to be in the area but if you are close to Long Beach they have a nice knitting store. If you are going to be close I will give it to you or you may already know.

MouseChirpy said...

I hope you enjoy your time with your mom and grandma. Have fun at the quilt show.
I hope you have a fabulous birthday too!
Aloha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails