Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dear Jane Wednesday

Well, I promised my sister that I would get back on track (after being derailed this summer) with Dear Jane Wednesdays. Tina didn't complain, I was just feeling guilty about it. If you need to play catch up on what our DJ plans are, you can read about it here.

I didn't have much time for Dear Janing (like how I use it as a verb) today but I wanted to at least do a little something to get back into the habit. I opened my DJ drawer and looked through my stuff to see if I had any blocks already prepped, and I did!



I just needed to applique the diamonds on C-2...




This one just needed the already paper pieced sections assembled on I-12...




Both of those were duplicate blocks (I make one for me and one for Tina) and it is so nice to have them done. I did start on D-1 that I found already prepped and will probably have pictures of the finished blocks next Wednesday. I have found that I can get a lot more done on my DJ blocks when I have already done all the prep and I just have to sit down and sew. I usually take a day and prep as many blocks as I can. Seems to make it go much faster.


Since this is a Dear Jane post, I thought I would share one of the purchases from my trip. My mom, Tina, and I went to Tina's LQS and we picked out more civil war reproduction fabrics for our Dear Jane quilt.

Actually, Tina let me pick them all out since she has picked all the fabric thus far. Aren't they great! The store has a little room filled with civil war repros. I can't wait to use some of these new fabrics!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I liked reading about the Dear Jane quilt. I didn't know what it was. What a fun project for you and your Sis. Reminds me of a phrase about enjoying the journey. Can't remember the exact phrase...

Tina said...

not complaining AND letting you pick out the fabric, what a nice sister you have :o) wink wink

Jacquie said...

these blocks never cease to amaze me. beautiful work.

We Six Nasons said...

I love the fabrics that you picked out. I haven't bought very many civil war fabrics but I can see the appeal! Looking forward to seeing more of your Dear Jane blocks.

Wool Winder said...

A great idea to work on this together. It's going to be fabulous!

em's scrapbag said...

Your fabrics are gorgeous. They will be so fun to sew with. Your blocks are amazing.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Well its nice to know someone is catching up. I'm stalled for now anyway. I want to finish it but I don't have the desire to do those complicated blocks. Sigh. Its good to see yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails