Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I am in love...

...with my current project!!


My husband has a coworker that is going to have a baby and her baby shower is next Thursday. I really like her. I was really excited when I found out she was pregnant. It is fun becoming a mom for the first time. Shopping for baby, setting up the nursery, and the best part...holding your baby for the first time. Ah, I am getting all nostalgic... So, anyways, I wanted to make her a quilt, so I went shopping and this is what I came home with...




I am going to use the big floral for the back and the fabric with the circles all over it for the binding. Can you guess what I am going to do with these beautiful solids?


Yep! I am joining my fellow bloggers and making the Plain Spoken quilt from the Modern Quilt Workshop.

I have seen this quilt on many blogs and I am always struck by how beautiful they are. I just love how the solid fabrics are showcased. It is such an easy pattern that seems like there is way more going on than there is. I am really enjoying the process with this quilt. I am queen of the quick piecing methods, but not with this quilt. I love arranging the colors and seeing the clean lines come together. The only thing I haven't figured out is how I am going to quilt it. Any ideas?

16 comments:

Tina said...

oh, it's turning out so wonderful! I love it. What a lucky new mommy!

Tine said...

What a beautiful Plain Spoken!! I quilted mine like the one in the book -well, as close to it as I could. LOL!
It was not as difficult as I had feared!

MelissaS said...

So pretty...I wish that I had a suggestion for quilting.

Wool Winder said...

It's going to be beautiful!

em's scrapbag said...

Oh it is stunning. I really love the colors you chose. The back and binding are going to be great!

shelley said...

Oh, the colors are pretty! As for the quilting, I think it deserves some big, bold, flower outlines just like the backing fabric.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I have not seen this quilt before. It is darling. And the plains are lovely. I'm falling in love with those plains. And the colors. Well done and I want to see more.

Julie said...

Love the color selections. They work together so nicely. I keep reading about "modern quilting" and need to find out more. I hope your friend will love it.

Cheryl said...

Great quilt, lucky baby!!!

Conner Posse said...

amen, lucky new mama and baby! that's going to be so beautiful. can't wait to see it finalized.

CJ said...

The quilt is lovely! I can't wait to see it finished. The binding is going to add some WOW to it. :D

The Livingston Place said...

Okay, I have a suggestion on how to quilt this. Just...first, then, but don't, and after that, but you're doing great. Good job. Glad I could help. It's gonna be beautiful!

Lou said...

Boy - you're a fickle lover, aren't you? Just flitting from one quilt love to another...no thought of the fabric you left behind to move on to something newer, younger, flashier! Shame on you!

Lou said...

p.s - this might be a good chance to use some decorative stitches and varigated thread. Since there's no competeing patterns on the fabric - a feather stitch or something like that would really show up.

Rebecca said...

i'm in love with it, too! great color and fabric choices. can't wait to see it all finished up!

jacquie said...

first of all i adore those alexander henry fabrics...totally yummy! and you plain spoken is amazing...when i scrolled up i was awestruck. so simple, but powerful too. you did wonderful work! it's going to be just fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails