Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Birthday Goodies

I know it has been a few weeks since my birthday but I had said that I was going to share with you what I got. Some of it was presents from family and some of it was just me shopping for myself on my trip to San Diego. I have already shown you a couple things and here are a few more.


At the quilt show Tina bought me this cute bundle of fabric. I love it! The colors are so great! So I went back and bought myself more to use for borders and a binding.


My mom not only got me the yarn but later bought me this great book and templates to make some circle quilts. I have done curved piecing but never a whole quilt filled with the technique. I am excited to make it!




When I got home from my trip my husband and kids were excited to celebrate my birthday with me. My kids gave me a gift card to Jamba Juice (yum!) and a gift card to my local fabric store. They made the cutest cards to hold the gift cards. My husband bought me this book that I have been wanting for two reasons: 1. I love anything from Jennifer Chiaverini 2. My name is mentioned in it for submitting a block to one of the quilts!! It was fun to see my name in print!





The rest of the gifts were from me to me. I bought this black and white bundle at the quilt show. I am collecting black and white prints to make a quilt someday. And of course it will have just a touch of red because I love that.



Tina is so lucky to have Rosie's Calico Cupboard so close to her home. I had to take advantage of shopping there since who knows when I will be back! I bought this cute charm pack and some coordinating fabrics called Pumpkins Gone Wild to make a table runner.



I stocked up on a few red and white fabrics for a red and white block swap I am participating in on Ravelry. Yep Ravelry has a quilting group made up of members who knit and quilt.


A couple years ago Tina and I took a trip to Sisters, Oregon for their annual quilt show. I bought this pattern to make a wall quilt to always remember our trip. I am finally getting around to it and thought buying the fabric for it at my sister's local quilt shop was very appropriate.



The shop also had a nice selection of Heather Bailey fabrics and I couldn't pass up the chance to buy some of the fabric I have only seen pictures of on blogs. It is so pretty, I can't wait to make a quilt with it!


So there you have it. I am so excited about all my new lovelies. I am going to be super busy with all these projects waiting in the wings and the swaps I can't seem to keep myself from joining. I can't believe that only 5 months ago I started blogging and a whole new world opened up to me.

7 comments:

Tina said...

You really scored on your birthday (and so did I since I got to spend it with you), so many fun projects waiting to be done!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Ok I can't think of better birthday treats! Love all of it. Good for you. Your friends and family know what you like and they lavish you. I'm like you -easy to buy for.

Sherri said...

Wonderful birthday gifts...I'm with you on the whole new world that blogging opens up...and I've only been blogging since July!

Daisy Jayne said...

Wonderful birthday gifts...I'm with you on the whole new world that blogging opens up...and I've only been blogging since June
Love all of your birthday treats! Your friends and family know what you like and spoilt you with practical gifts

em's scrapbag said...

Fabulous birthday gifts. You lucky girl. Can't wait to see what you creat.

quilterpolly said...

great birthday gifts...I hear you about the blogging world it is totally awesome:)

Fiesta said...

love the eye candy on your blog especially the happy pumpkin one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails