Monday, September 29, 2008

My Retreat

I had a fun retreat weekend again. I just love retreats!

I get to sew with a great group of ladies for two and a half days, be inspired by all the great projects being worked on all around me, and eat yummy food that none of us had to cook!

Does it get any better?

Here is where I sat and laughed til I cried...and got a little sewing done in the process.


It was a jelly roll party for me this weekend. I started with a Bali Pop (which technically isn't a jelly roll, but close enough) called Sherbet. I bought it after I saw this tutorial and couldn't wait to make one for myself. I love the colors and it was really fun to make.



The second jelly roll I worked with was Roman Holiday by Moda. It turned out so pretty. I think I am going to back it in flannel so it will be extra comfy to cuddle under this winter.





And I just had to share a picture of this beautiful sunset that could be seen right outside our windows.




Now for the fun part! I get to show you all the great things my friends finished! At our retreat when you finish something you get to show it off with a big, "Ta-Da!". So without further ado, here are some ta-da's.



Nan made some wonderful quilts this past weekend. This one she used a layer cake...

This pink and brown baby quilt was made in the Yellow Brick Road pattern...



Here is a block of the month she worked on. Isn't it pretty? I am a member of the same block of the month club in a different fabric line. It was fun to see a sneak preview of what my quilt will look like if I ever get around to starting it.


This is my friend, Lou. She invited me to join the guild a year or two ago. She cracks me up. Doesn't she look stunning as she models what happens when you accidentally sew your strip of scraps into a tube.

This is what her strips are supposed to look like...

And they eventually ended up as one of the borders in this great scrap quilt...

This pretty quilt is a cheater panel that she just couldn't pass up. It is really beautiful.


And here is another quilt she finished made up of florals.



This is Darlene's quilt that she bought the pattern and all the fabric on her cruise to Alaska. Each square is fussy cut and represents Alaska. She started and finished the whole thing. It was amazing!



Cindy was a very unselfish quilter. She worked on Christmas gifts all weekend. This is a pretty table runner she made for her mom.


And here is a cute little wall quilt of little jars.


Janeane and her daughter, Elizabeth, were very prolific.



Shirley D. made this cute baby quilt.


Pam and Katie are good friends that worked on the same pattern together. It was fun to see the same quilt made in different fabrics. They were nice to show their work in progress before the retreat ended.
Barb made this incredible quilt. Isn't it wonderful? It is a pattern called Bob and Weave by Coleen Wise. She spoke to our guild a week ago and taught a workshop to those who signed up for it.

And this is only one of the cute bags she made.


Shirley L. made this beautiful quilt for the guild to be donated.


This great quilt is Amber's. I really like the colors.


Noel let me take a picture of her funny shirt.


It says: "Block-Of-The-Month" Line-Up. And there are four ladies: the Over Achiever, the Confused, the Procrastinator, and the Perfectionist.

So which one are you?

8 comments:

Hirano Hapa-nings said...

I would be all of those ladies on the shirt - and I am not even a quilter! How's that for confusing!

I am glad you had such a great time this weekend. The ladies sound like fun and what a great retreat for you.

The creations are AMAZING!!

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like you had a delightful time. And you guys got so much done. Way to go. It is all so beautiful. Love the stripped collar. Now that is high fashion.

Lou said...

It was SOOOOO hard to go back to work this morning. Looking at the pictures, tho, I can't believe we got that much done! Next time - we have to remember to take a picture of the food!
Thanks for a great time!

Gina said...

What beautiful quilts. I'm so jealous of you.

I adore your bali pops qult. I'll have to look out for those over here in the UK. I'll be pestering you for the pattern details then. l

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Wool Winder said...

So many beautiful quilts! It's great that you can get together and share ideas and inspiration. Looks like the perfect place for sewing too, with all those windows.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Maybe I can do this by process of elimination. I'm definately not the perfectionist. I'm not the confused, usually. I'm not really a procrastinator so I guess that leaves over achiever. But just in this area. I can procrastinate lots of other stuff. And be confused about life. But seriously - not a perfectionist. I leave that to hubby.

Trisha- what a fun fun weekend. I'm envious! There are really no better women than quilters to spend time with. I loved the show and tell and all the fun stuff you guys worked on.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so fun to see it all in living color. We had some good laughs.
Thanks Trisha!
Amber

Tine said...

Aaaaawwww! That looks like such a great time! Can I go next time?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails