Friday, September 5, 2008

San Diego Quilt Show #1

This was the first quilt you saw when you walked in. The thing that wowed me is its size. It is huge! I just finished a doll sized cathedral windows quilt. I can't imagine doing one this big!


This quilt was incredible. It is a gallery of quilts in a quilt.


Each block is a miniature quilt and the pieces that make up the quilt are so small!


I thought this was a super cute way to display your child's hand prints as they grow.


I thought this quilt was so cool. It has 3-D strips that are folded back and machine quilted down. I would love to know how to make one of these.


This is the prettiest bargello I have ever seen.





This was another wow just because of how time consuming it had to have been to make this huge yo-yo quilt.



A great use of selvages.



Tina and I were really hoping to see a Dear Jane and we were not disappointed!

Stay tuned for more quilts from the show...

4 comments:

Gina said...

Beautiful Quilts. Thank you for showing them.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Wool Winder said...

Wow, they are all amazing! "Gallery of Quilts" is very unique.

Tine said...

Wow! Such beautiful quilts! I really need to get to quiltshows once in a while....I bet you have a head full of ideas after seeing all of these?!

Daisy Jayne said...

Thank you very much for sharing your outing ......the quilts are amazing

Related Posts with Thumbnails