Saturday, September 6, 2008

San Diego Quilt Show #2

There were a lot of landscape quilts at the quilt show that were just breathtaking.




The rocks along the shoreline in this quilt were stuffed and seemed so real.



This mermaid one was so cool.

Check out the 3-D detail on the mermaid quilt.



There was a group of quilts that were making statements about our enviornment, recycling, and the use of our natural resourses. This one was my favorite.



There was a group of challenge quilts in which the artists were to make a quilt that represents California. They were all long and narrow like this. This one was my favorite.


I was in awe of these two incredible quilts.




I love all these quilts with houses.







Isn't this quilt fun with all the Volkswagon vans.


This is the cutest bug jar quilt ever!



Stay tuned for more...

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

i want that vw bug quilt!!! so retro and cool. thanks for sharing all these amazing quilts!

em's scrapbag said...

I really like the enviromental one. My husband would love the VW buses.

Wool Winder said...

You're probably not surprised to find out that I'm partial to the shoreline quilt. :)

AJ said...

Wow those are awesome! I couldn't bigin to pick a favorite. Thanks for sharing, those are so inspirational.

Related Posts with Thumbnails