Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



I finished my socks and I love them! They fit so nice and are so warm. I love the colors and I am so glad I got them done in time to wear them for Fall.



Pattern: Basic Sock Recipe (Ravelry link)
Yarn: Koigu
Needles: 2.50 mm, US #1.5




I have been working on my ALQS and DQS5 quilts at the same time. I started my DQS5 quilt because I still wasn't sure what to do for my ALQS partner. She has a list of things she likes so I want to try to keep within her wishes. So here is a sneak peak at my DQS5 quilt so far...






I went shopping and here is the fabric I will be using for the ALQS quilt...





It is going to be a fun Halloween this year. My sister that lives near me and I were going to get together with our families for a little party and trick or treating. And we still are but we got a surprise phone call that my brother (from two states away) is going to be in town on business and is bringing his family to join us! So fun! My other sister that lives about an hour away is going to join us too so she can see my brother while he is here. It is a long way for her family to go trick or treating and we are so glad she is coming. I am glad my sister that lives near me is willing to host a party that just got a whole lot bigger!



Then everyone will be coming to my house on Sunday for my son's 8th birthday. He really wanted everyone to come for dinner. Unfortunately my brother and his family have to fly out before the birthday dinner, but we are excited to have him, his wife (she and I were good friends as teenagers!), and their four kids (one is a baby we haven't seen yet) for as long as we can. It is going to be a fun weekend!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, I am so jealous, but there will be plenty of fun to be had at Thanksgiving!

Tracy said...

The socks look great! Finished just in time for cooler weather.

We Six Nasons said...

Great job on the socks! The colors in the socks are so fun. I am working on my first sock and it is going great! I am addicted already. Thanks for encouraging me to do it.

em's scrapbag said...

Knock my socks off your socks are cool. So happy you will be having or should I say had such a wonderful Halloween with your family. What a great blessing.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Sounds like a busy time. The socks are so cute. I'm sure they are warm.

Hirano Hapa-nings said...

That was a fun weekend. And, what a treat to let me wear your socks. They were SO comfy! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails