Monday, October 6, 2008

One Swap Down

Well the rain seems to be back here in the Seattle area. I love the sound of it on the roof. Feels cozy in my house. I like that it is getting colder and the leaves on the trees are changing to fiery reds. I love the smell of Fall.



It seems the perfect time of year to stay inside and sew. It's a good thing because I am on a mission to finish my swaps. I finished my Ravelry red and white block swap today. For my second block I picked a log cabin design. I am happy with both of my blocks and will be sending them on asap.




I made an extra block in each design to donate to the Leukemia quilts that are made. Our swap coordinator said he would send on any extras we made. I thought that was nice and figured I could make a few extra for a good cause. I also made an extra block for Anita who is in the same swap but a different group. I admired her block when she posted about it and she suggested we do our own block exchange. I really like hers and I hope she likes mine.


I am excited to volunteer in my son's class today. This is my first time this school year. I hope I get to stay in the class and not get stuck in the work room. I like to watch what goes on in class while I work and let's face it, I like to spy on my son. This afternoon it will be onto another swap. I think the Christmas Cottages are the next up.

10 comments:

Tina said...

Ooo, the 2nd block turned out great! I love both of them. It will be so fun to see what you get in return! Can't wait to see the cottages. And I wish I could come with you to volunteer!

I AM said...

It was a great cold, windy, rainy weekend and I stayed in sewing too. I never got out of my pajamas over the weekend.

I love your red and white blocks!

Sherri said...

Your red blocks are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas cottages!

Anita said...

Yay! I love your log cabin block! Thanks so much for being willing to do an extra swap with me.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh red and white, what could be prettier. I love the clean lines of this quilt.

jacquie said...

very pretty blocks. i'm going to have to add red/white quilt to my list!

Tom H said...

Thank you for your recent visit to my new blog, and for the very nice comments. Your efforts with the quilt squares to be donated is a very worthy thing. Several years ago my daughter purchased a whole bunch of "extra" donated Koman cancer squares, and sent them to me for assembly. I'll post a photo of the finished quilt soon.

AJ said...

I love the red and white together, so pretty!

Lily Boot said...

Mmmmm... the red and white is delicious! Especially the flying dutchman block - one of my favourites. I also love your blog banner - what beautiful photography.

Clare said...

Hi there. I'm Clare and some of your blocks ended up here in France. I have just used one for one of the Quilts 4 Leukaemia quilts and was wondering if I could prevail upon you to make me some more?

Get in touch if you want to. No obligation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails