Thursday, October 2, 2008

Scarves, Blocks, and Another Swap

I have worked on a few traveling scarves over the last month or so and keep forgetting to share. I worked on this one on my visit to California. The scarf's owner is going to kool-aid dye it when it's done so she asked that it be knit in light creams and yellows. What a great idea!
I knit a butterfly eyelet pattern and I think it turned out really pretty.

I worked on this one on the plane. I used red glitterspun and used a drop stitch pattern. I forgot to take a picture, so I asked one of the knitters after me if she would take a picture of my section and she did!



I knit my section of this one about a week ago.

It is kind of hard to tell but I knit my section in an all over cable pattern.

I am really having fun knitting on these traveling scarves. I like the challenge of figuring out which yarn and pattern to use on each scarf. I have been lucky to use yarn from my stash every time.


I have been working on my red and white blocks for the Ravelry block swap I am participating in. I joined two groups. This block is for one of the groups and I need to come up with another block pattern for the other group.


My sister Tina and her daughter are visiting. It is so fun to have them here. We are getting some sewing time in but mostly enjoying hanging out together. She asked me if I was going to sign up for DQS5. I have been wondering about that just because I am up to my eyeballs in swaps right now. I finally wrote them all down on a paper with their deadlines so I could keep track of them. I was thinking I should hold off on any more swaps but it was just too tempting. And it was fun to sign up together while she is here. So yep, I signed up for another swap.

6 comments:

Quiltivate said...

Hi, TLC - I love the red and white blocks for the swap!

If you're still looking for an idea for the other set of blocks, maybe I can help: I run a community for quilters called Quiltivate. While you're there, you could share your Dutchman's Puzzle blocks with the rest of community, too. Here's the link to that block page: http://www.quiltivate.com/blocks/8-dutchman-s-puzzle

Best of luck on future projects! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

quilterpolly said...

you are funny...I have also signed up for the doll swap but have signed up for so many swaps had to go and write down the dates and am loving it...now where on ralvery did you find the block swaps? hehehe just what I need...no don't tell me maybe I am better off not knowing but for future how do you find the swaps on ralvery? I haven't gotten around on there very much yet. Enjoy family...big smiles to them...

Wool Winder said...

I've signed up for a couple of "traveling" projects too. It was fun seeing the scarves you've been working on!

jacquie said...

love those scarves...i do wish i could knit or crochet. love the red/white blocks too. i know what you mean about swaps...i'm avoiding any more lately...i didn't realize this would be such a busy time of year.

em's scrapbag said...

Wish I knew how to knit. Your scarves are great. The red and white dutchman's puzzle are sweet.

Miss Snips said...

I saw your comment on Crazy Mom Quilts about the knitting helps website and just wanted to stop in to thank you for the link! I am an occasional knitter so I can use all the reminders and help I can get when it comes to knitting... Now if your talking quilting -- I got that down pat -- well, sorta...

Related Posts with Thumbnails