Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ALQS

I finally finished my ALQS quilt. It was fun to try and make something to reflect my partner's taste. At least I hope I interpreted her list of favorite things correctly.



I used some new acrylic templates I got for my birthday. It made cutting out the pieces for the curved piecing really fast and easy.


I quilted a smaller meandering stitch around the circles and a larger one in the border.



Here is a shot of the back of the quilt. I used one quarter of a circle for the label.



I had some fun with a pieced binding using all the different greens in the circles and then some.

It feels good to have it done! I need to come up with a little something to include with the quilt and send it on its way. I hope she likes it!

13 comments:

Gina said...

great quilt and I love the fabric you used

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Wool Winder said...

You did a great job on it!

Vicki W said...

That's adorable!

Tina said...

This turned out so great! I love it.

em's scrapbag said...

Fun little quilt. You did a good job!

jacquie said...

darling! bright, fun, fresh.

Lorraine said...

Well done with the quilt - I am sure whoever gets it will love it....I had fun with mine as well and worked with fabrics which aren't my first choice usually...but I ended up loving them...so it is nice to be challenged sometimes!

lou said...

very graphic...you might think about doing that in the journal quilt size as one your entries. It would work as a small art quilt. I really like it. And I'm thinking that something in a simple graphic style like that will really stand out as it looks like everyone is going heavy towards embellishment...??? Anyway, since you have the technique down so well, it would be a piece of cake to make it smaller, right?

Tricia Tolton said...

Today, in the mail, I received one of your darling cottages from the exchange. I love it! The appliqued snow is so nice. Thanks so much. This has been so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
My name is Tricia too. Just a different spelling.
I don't have a blog, but, my e-mail is rtolton@afconnect.com

Tanaya said...

fabulous!!!

Holly said...

Very nice.

Samantha said...

I'm the recipient and I LOVE THE QUILT!!! It's so cute- you did a great job. Did I say I liked polka dots? I really do- I just didn't remember if I said that in the swap or if you are just psychic! And my other goodies- thank you so much. Thanks for being one of my partners.

rachel griffith said...

OMG i love this quilt!!!
i SO thought that i commented it before, but i didn't.
:D

see what happens when you just start looking through peoples blogs!!!
hahaha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails