Friday, November 21, 2008

ALQS2

What's more exciting than getting a package from Australia? Getting a package from Australia with a gorgeous little quilt in it!!




I am so delighted with the quilt I received for ALQS2. It is beautiful! I can tell a lot of care went into this quilt. The hand dyed fabric is just beautiful and I love the arrangement of the log cabin blocks. I like how the colors of the hand dyed fabric pop with a black background.




I love how she quilted it. It really gives movement to the quilt. And look how she pieced the label on the back with more of the hand dyed fabric. Wonderful!





Thank you, Kerry! I absolutely love it!

Here is a funny little thing my sister and I found out about ALQS2 and Kerry:

I called Tina to tell her I got my quilt and to tell her how gorgeous it was. I told her I got a package and how cool it was to get a package from Australia. Tina said she sent her quilt to Australia and maybe it is the same person. I said, "Yeah right. What are the chances of that when there are a lot of swappers from Australia signed up." I told her the name and she said, "That's her!"

Isn't that so funny! My sister sent to Kerry, and Kerry sent to me!

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is a great quilt!

rachel griffith said...

beautiful quilt.
i mean...awesome!!!

and how neat that your sister sent to her!!!

small world ofter all.
:D

em's scrapbag said...

The quilt is gorgeous. Lucky you. Neat your sister sent to her.

Kerry said...

Hi Trisha,
I am thrilled that you liked the quilt I made for you. And what a coincidence that Tina is your sister! This has been such a fun experience and it's great to meet new people. I've enjoyed watching the progress with your houses too. I'll be sure to catch up with you again.

ChristyH said...

That is beautiful!

Lou said...

Gorgeous! 'nuff said.

jacquie said...

i finally got it..you and tina are sisters. how fun is that! this is a great quilt! kerry did an amazing job.

Wool Winder said...

Wow, that's beautiful!

FabricMom said...

Wow that is gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails