Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

My house is full of family that flew in for Thanksgiving and my son's baptism. My two other sisters that live nearby have full houses too. I am so excited that everyone's here! We are having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with 33 family members. We are totally outnumbered with 18 kids to 15 adults. My generous sister agreed to open her house to everyone. Should be fun and interesting to see how it goes having so many people for Thanksgiving.




Tina is here and brought me a surprise. I had asked her to make me a Christmas cottage block so that she could be my neighbor on my quilt. She really wanted to do the swap but life was crazy for her at the time. I was so excited that she brought me a block. Isn't it so cute!!




In other news, my SSCS packages are on there way to somebody somewhere. I really enjoyed making some homemade gifts for my partner and getting to know her through her blog. I hope she likes everything!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

8 comments:

ELIN - "The quilt maiden" said...

Wish you a very happy Thanksgiving. Wish we had this wonderful tradition in my country as well...

em's scrapbag said...

Stopping by to say Happy Thanksgiving. So thankful to have you for my wonderful bloggy friend. Enjoy your time with your family. Congrats to your son.

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy Thankgiving.....enjoy your time togetrher as a family......
The cottage block is cute..........
...when did you send off your SSCS.....

Wool Winder said...

What a blessing to have all the family together. Happy Thanksgiving!

Libby said...

Gotta love a cottage full of happy penguins :)

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Wowie that is a lot of people for Thanksgiving. We've recently sworn off extended family because it was getting to the point of near 50. So now we do our own thing, it is so much easier. I love seeing the blocks shared with people that aren't in our exchange.

We Six Nasons said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. It is always nice to have family come for the day, but to also get a quilt block, well, that is extra special.

Catherine said...

Your SSCS package arrived today and I am SO curious!!!! The two marked for Smudge & Lester are definitely inciting great interest!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails