Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Into the Woods

My Christmas Cottages finally came in the mail!! I only say 'finally' because I watched online as some other swappers got theirs before me. Nanette really did a great job at getting them right out to us and it was so fun to get extra goodies with my blocks. Thanks Nanette!! I am so thrilled with the blocks I received! They are all so cute!



My kids were pointing out all the cute things about each one as I lay them out on the floor. Two of the blocks have little button doorknobs and my kids thought it was the greatest thing. I love all the trims, fussy cut windows, and all the special touches that make them each so unique.


I have been considering how I want to put these blocks into a quilt ever since I sent mine off. I really like the idea of having the cottages in the woods. So for my quilt I am going to make lots of string pieced trees to surround my cottages. I had a picture in my mind and realized that I must have gotten the idea from this quilt book I have. I started drafting the tree before I got my blocks. I can't wait to get started on making these.



Here is a close up...


Get the idea? I really love the Fall trees in this quilt but my trees are going to be evergreens. I think that will work better for a Christmas quilt.

14 comments:

Tina said...

What a great idea! I'm lovin the cottages and evergreens idea! I'm so jealous, I wish I could have joined in with this swap. What fun!

Gina said...

What agreat quilt it will be. I can't wait to see it.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

love the cottages and I like the ideas about the woods......

Vicki W said...

I think that setting them in the woods is a great idea.

Wool Winder said...

It's going to be a great looking quilt!

Lou said...

That is going to look so cool! What kind of background? just a neutral or a 'sky' fabric? Starlight sky in some spots? Sunset sky? So many choices. This will be a big hit in the quilt show next May. People love quilts with surprise embelishments in them.

We Six Nasons said...

I love that idea! That looks like so much fun. I have never been interested in making cabin blocks, but, with the striped trees I think it is a great project I will have to try.

rachel griffith said...

yayyy you got yours!!!
i'm like you...i've been waiting and waiting...but still haven't gotten mine.
lol.

i LOVE the forest idea.
i mean that's just genius.
:D

Libby said...

Those cottages are so cute, and I love your setting idea! It's going to be an adorable quilt.

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness! That is going to be way too cute!

Candace said...

That is such a great idea! I was in Terri's group for the exchange - I think I will be doing several different things with my blocks! Be sure to show us your finished quilt! Cheers!

em's scrapbag said...

Awesome idea! That is going to be a darling quilt.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Trisha I have that book too! What a great way to set the blocks. This is going to be a great quilt. I love it already.

sydney said...

thats nice.
soooooo... wonderfull.

sydney

Related Posts with Thumbnails