Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Needles

I am a huge fan of Knit Picks knitting needles. I started with the nickel plated Options needles and love how they are interchangeable. Then I got the nickel plated double pointed needles (DPNs) to make socks with. I love the sharp points. When they came out with the Harmony wood DPNs I knew I had to have a set for my sock knitting. I was surprised at how strong they are and how nice and pointy the tips are. So when I found out that Knit Picks came out with Harmony straight needles...I knew I just had to have them.


Why? Because they are so pretty!!




I also got the Harmony cable needles too.


So I cast on a drop stitch scarf so I could take my needles for a test drive. I love them! The tips are nice and pointy, they are slick so the yarn slides smoothly, and they are so pretty! (I think I said that already)

Guess what else is new... I started my first sweater!


7 comments:

Tina said...

Yay, you got the needles, and I'm so excited for you and your new sweater endeavor!

em's scrapbag said...

Those are pretty needles. I should take up knitting just so I can get some.

Not Lucy said...

Those are very pretty needles - I am tempted by them and I don't even knit! Maybe if they make crochet hooks?

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my quilt. The curved look makes for more options or at least a different look for the more traditional log cabin options.

Tine said...

I love those needles...almost makes me want to be a knitter!

Wool Winder said...

The needles are really pretty! Good luck on your sweater!

quiltingnana said...

I love what you did with the cottages in your last blog. The trees really make the cottages look great

We Six Nasons said...

I really like those needles! And the pink yard on them looks fun to knit. I can't wait to see your sweater, though I know that is will take some time. Happy knitting and quilting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails