Monday, November 10, 2008

Orphans


After finishing my last pair of socks, I decided that it was time to find all the orphans around my house. So I looked through all my bags that I use to carry my knitting "on the go" and found these...




All of these have the second sock in progress, which is a good thing. I started all of these before my genius idea to knit my pairs of socks at the same time on two sets of DPNs so as to avoid Second Sock Syndrome. So from left to right...the purple tweed sock is for my Mom, the purple sock is made with Trekking yarn (I love that picot edge), the argyle is from a class I took at my LYS, the green sock is in the Embossed Leaves pattern.


I have decided that since all these socks have a second one already started that it shouldn't be hard to un-orphan these poor, lonely socks. So here is my challenge for myself...I will not start another pair of socks until these four have mates. Whew! That was almost as painful as going on my sock yarn diet. Which by the way...I am doing an awesome job! I haven't bought any sock yarn since I made my decision. Notice I only said 'sock' yarn, so all the other kinds out there are fair game!

5 comments:

Tina said...

You'll feel great once those 4 socks get their mates!

trashalou said...

A girk can't limit her options!

I am bloghopping through Chookyblue's SSCS list to see who else is playing along.

Wool Winder said...

You can do it! It's been long enough since you knit the first of each pair that it will be like knitting the second one for the first time.

ChristyH said...

Sock yarn is a hard habit to break. My stash has grown quite a bit this year. I applaud you will power to say no.

em's scrapbag said...

I wish my orphan socks looked so great. Mine are grubby boys socks that some how they always manage to loose one. How is that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails