Friday, November 14, 2008

Will I ever learn?


I am having lots of fun making trees to go with my cottages. I love how they are turning out! Just thought you might want to see how it is going.




Unfortunately I had to stop making trees because I procrastinated on working on my block of the month. This is my only block of the month where I have to take it to the store and sit in on a class, show my previous month's block, listen to the instructions for the next block, and get my new month's block. Can you guess which block is this month's block...

The answer is... all of them! Yep, all those blocks and checkerboard strips are the block for this month. And the smarty that I am chose to leave it until the day before the class. So that is pretty much what I have been doing all day. Every time I leave the class I think, "I should make my block today. It would be so easy since the instructions are fresh in my mind. And how great would it be in three weeks to have the class coming up and know that I have already done the block". And then I 'check the box' that I went to the class and don't think about it again for another three weeks and six days.

12 comments:

rachel griffith said...

oh i LOVE how this quilt is going!!!
the trees are SO stinkin' cute!!!
:D

and i had to laugh about your bom story.
but i did it with love. seriously.
tehehe.

Vicki W said...

Love, love, love the trees with the houses!!!

jovaliquilts said...

The trees are adorable! What a delightful quilt that's going to be.

jacquie said...

love your trees! from one procrastinator to another...just wait till tomorrow!

We Six Nasons said...

The trees are just great, as I knew they would be! I can't believe that that whole thing was one block! You are amazing for having gotten it done in one day.

Messy Karen said...

your trees are so cute.

Wool Winder said...

Sounds like the way I'd put off homework when I was in school.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

The block of the month is beautiful. And those trees are pretty spectacular. I'm going to do something like that too. Though I don't want to paper piece. I'm trying to figure out some super easy way to make the triangle trees with all one fabric.

cornbreadandbeansquilting said...

Goooooodness I love the trees!! Now you are making me think way outside of what I was going to do...sashing and borders...for MY cottages =)

Julie said...

Very cute trees with houses! I like all your houses from your swap and all the special details the different quilters added to make it their own. I'm still working on houses for my table runner.

Simply This and That said...

The trees with your cottages are ADORABLE! Very cute! ooxx`jodi

Simply This and That said...

forgive me if you've already posted this, but are you making those adorable trees from a pattern? I would love to put them with my gingerbread cottages. ooxx`jodi

Related Posts with Thumbnails