Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DQS5


I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was wonderful. Don't get me wrong, there were some crazy moments with 33 family members here. But how could there not be with that many people! It was very hard to get my DQS5 quilt done with so many house guests, especially the little ones. So I finished it after everyone had cleared out. I didn't have very much more to do on it and I am kind of in love with it. It will be hard to let this one go. That is the one thing about swaps that I am finding is challenging...letting perfectly good, finished quilts leave my home.



Without further ado, here is my doll quilt starting with a few teaser close-ups to get you intrigued and then a shot of the whole quilt for the finale.









I have been wanting to try the sketchy outline applique technique that I have seen on some of my favorite blogs lately. I really like how it turned out. I will definately try this technique again. It was so fun!


I am reluctantly sending it out today to a wonderful quilter who experiences the same kind of dreary weather that I do. I hope this will bring some cheer!


14 comments:

Tina said...

I wish I had dreary weather here just so it could come to me. (today is pretty dreary...) It turned out so cute!

Lou said...

I like that technique! Are you doing retreat this weekend? I haven't even STARTED to get ready yet!!!

Wool Winder said...

It's bright and cheerful and should be a welcome treat in the mail this time of year. Nice stitching!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Love the sketch embroidery. How fun. The bee is wonderful. I love it so much!

Libby said...

Goodness, that would cheer anyone up! The applique is really fun and whimsical. It's really sweet!

jovaliquilts said...

It looks great, very springlike and cheerful. I like that sketchy outline.

Chookyblue...... said...

love it........know why you didn't want to part with it........

quilterpolly said...

What a lucky person that will be to get your quilt. It is wonderful! Mine is going out this friday. A little late but working the crazy hours I do sure messes things up to get the the post office.

Hirano Hapa-nings said...

I LOVE that fabric because it reminds me of my Baby Lily. :)

Vicki W said...

What an adorable quilt!

Not Lucy said...

It IS bright and cheery on a grey NW Washington day! I love the flower and little bee - makes me yearn for spring! Thanks so much! Did you make the soap? It smells just like the soap my mom used to make which is not only good for washing but also for getting some stubborn stains out of clothes.

Anne Ida said...

This is so pretty!!! I love the effect of that scetchy outline applique technique, and so perfect for this project! The stitching on bee and the flower pot really look like it has been penned :o)

Catherine said...

What an adorable little quilt! That technique is intriguing!

The Livingston Place said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I told Andy the other day I would LOVE to find a passion. I told him about you and how awesome you are at quilting. I could be passionate about quilting. I lack confidence in myself. And I'm also afraid it'll cost a lot of money....I'm a whimp, I know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails