Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My own (not very) private pity party

Just checking in for a minute and then I have to go lay down again. Yep, my back is really bad again. Actually it hurts all the time but luckily it isn't this bad all the time. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be limited like this. I want to be quilting and baking and enjoying the Christmas season. My problem is that I can tell it is getting worse but I keep going about my daily life anyways because I don't want it to limit me. My gosh, I am only 33 years old!


Luckily I learned to knit a few years ago and that gives me something to do while I lay in my chair. So I have been working on some washcloths that I am giving as Christmas gifts. I like how they are turning out and the patterns are easy enough to knit while I watch DVDs or listen to podcasts.


On a positive note about my back... I am so grateful that this reoccuring problem didn't start until after I was able to have two beautiful children. I am grateful that they are now at an age that when mommy is down and out they can take care of themselves (for the most part). And I am also grateful for a husband that is so patient and loving and doesn't act annoyed that he has had to listen to me say how my back hurts almost every day for the last 7 years. (I really do try not to complain too much)


Ok, pity party over. Time to wipe the tears and go lay down.

12 comments:

rachel griffith said...

oh you poor thing.
after having andrew {he just turned 2} i've had a daily back pain. mine was caused the spinal tap they gave me. {NEVER AGAIN!!!}

i feel bad for you, because i know how mine can feel...can't imagine having to be down & count for the count.

*sending a hug your way*

Wool Winder said...

I'm sorry you're hurting so badly. I hope you get some relief soon.

Candace said...

Sorry to hear about your back, Trisha. I have those issues, too, and I know what it feels like to not be able to stand and cook do a lot of the things I love. So I'm sending you a hug and a "poor baby" and hope that you feel better soon!
P.S. I have a fabulous rheumatologist here in Everett if you ever want a 2nd opinion!
Cheers!

Simply This and That said...

So sorry bout your back. I've had a few back problems along the way, so I can totally empathize with you. Loving the dishcloth's. I've been crocheting a few myself. Will post after Christmas, so as the recipients won't see. shhhh. ooxx`jodi

Hirano Hapa-nings said...

I love you my sister! I hope that you feel better soon. Gentle hugs from me!

Tina said...

sorry Trish! wish i could take it all away!

Gina said...

trish I feel for you. I suffer with a bad back and have done for too many years

Lots of love and hugs Gina xxx

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Ouch, so sorry Trisha. I work at a neurology clinic so I understand that kind of pain. Horrible stuff. Get well.

em's scrapbag said...

Being unable to do what you want, need, and love to do can be so hard. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you can find some relief soon. Hugs, Em

Gracie said...

Poor Baby, it's awful having any pain but especially hard when it's your back. Take care and keep on knitting.

conner posse said...

I know how frustrating this is for you - wish I could take this trial away so you can better enjoy life. I think you do amazingly well with the challenge, though. And you don't complain nearly as much as I would!! I admire how you deal. And let me know when you need your next "fix." hehe...you know what i mean!!

Tine said...

I am so sorry to hear you have to struggle with back pain! It is horrible! I hope you feel better soon, or at least good enough to get out of bed...
sending hugs to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails