Saturday, December 27, 2008

SSCS & More


I had a wonderful Christmas. I hope all of you did too! The only disappointment is that my sisters that live here in Washington couldn't come for the Christmas dinner and gift exchange that we do every year. There was just too much snow to make the trip for one of my sisters, so we postponed until Sunday evening. I guess that just means Christmas will last a little longer at my house, yay!




I can't believe what a good girl I was to wait until Christmas to open my Secret Santa Christmas Swap gift. "No one will ever know", went through my mind a few times leading up to Christmas. My gift was SO worth the wait!! Nic, from Australia (so cool), gave me the most adorable wall quilt. She also included chocolate, from Australia of course. Yummy!!




Under the cute little angels it says, "friends are angels on earth". I wish you could see this quilt in person! It is so well made and the fabrics are so pretty. There are so many wonderful little details. Those Aussie girls can sew!! I love it so much. Thank you, Nic!!







Cathi recieved the goodies I sent her for the SSCS. She is very happy, which makes me very happy! You can pop over to her blog to see what I made for her (and her cats).


I think the most shocking gift I got was the laptop my hubby gave me. I was so surprised! It wasn't even on my wish list. I have wanted one for a while but thought it was too much to ask for. I was speechless, and that doesn't happen very often. Now I can read blogs while I lay in my back chair. Yay!





Some of you were wondering about the nativity quilt in my last post. I did make it. There is a pattern for it as well as a pattern for the shepherds and wise men which are two more quilts that hang on either side of the nativity quilt. I have the pattern for those and they are on my "gotta get to that" list. It is really striking seeing the trio of quilts hang together.




In case you can't see from the picture... Stained Glass Manger Scene and Stained Glass Shepherds & Wise Men by Designs by Edna. You can Google it and find it online. I bought my patterns at my LQS, yours might carry them too!

7 comments:

Daisy Jayne said...

Wow......Sounds like you had a fab day and what a surprise....I have been looking at laptops the past few months...confusing or what

Chookyblue...... said...

you presents from Nic are beautiful.........the wall hanging is so pretty and yep we have some fantastic stitches in Oz.......thanks for being part os the SSCS...........LOVE the laptop......

Helen said...

A laptop for Christmas! Lucky, lucky you!! The hanging you got is just stunning, worth the wait opening I am sure. My sister lives an hour away from us, we drove down to see her on Christmas Day but it was so rushed as we had to then go to the IL's, she said later next Christmas we shouldn't bother seeing her, but to me, its not Christmas if you don't see your sister. Sorry to read you missed out on seeing yours for the day, hope Sunday even was just as much fun when she did come! :)

Tine said...

How cool to get a laptop! It does make it a lot more enjoyable to work on the computer.
The quilt in the previous post is gorgeous! Is that stained-glass look very difficult? I love it but have been too chicken to try it. Lol!

jacquie said...

oooh, your partner did fabulous work! lucky you! and a laptop...aren't you uptown!

ChristyH said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Lovely stuff from Nic. Love it. Laptop - priceless! You'll enjoy it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails