Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This, That, and Some Ugly Fabric


Is everyone else frantically trying to finish handmade Christmas gifts? We pick names in my family and my husband's family. I am trying to finish up the gifts for two of the family members on my husband's side. And yes they will need to be mailed, yikes! I am also making a little something for the kids' teachers, which need to be done so they can give them on Friday, double yikes! My time on my back has put me behind schedule and now I'm sick and not feeling good which makes it hard to be productive. I just can't catch a break this holiday season!


While on my back and knitting last week I made a sock for this fun little sock blocker key chain that my friend Lou had given me.



Isn't it so cute! I used some of my left over sock yarn and size 0 needles. My first time knitting with size 0 DPNs and boy are they skinny! It was a fun, quick little project. I think I am going to keep it as an ornament for the next couple weeks.

I won the Ugly Fabric Contest over at Flamingo Island Designs. Thanks Michele for blogging about it! My prize was the ugly fabric that was sent in and a $15 gift certificate.


I used my gift certificate to get myself an applique pressing sheet. I wasn't the one who won for the ugliest fabric. I won in a random drawing of all the people who entered. Here was my entry...



We had to send in two 8" squares. I won one set and the winner of the ugliest fabric won the other set. I'm curious, did any of you enter?


So stay tuned, because in 2009 I am going to make a great quilt with my set of ugly fabric!

9 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, that one is ugly that you submitted! lol! Can't wait to see what you make with them!

Libby said...

Oh man I would have entered if I had known...ugly fabric is my life :) OK not really, but I often find I can't resist it. Lucky you! Have fun!

Lou said...

The ugly stuff is perfect for that windmill template. With all the Joann's coupons out - good time to buy one.

remind me next time I see you - picked up a drunkards path pattern for you while I was in Portland.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Cute cute cute Trisha!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I guess I should have said - not the ugly fabric but the knitted sock - but you know what I mean.

Wool Winder said...

Knitting with size 0 is like knitting with toothpicks. The tiny sock is really cute!

We Six Nasons said...

I hope that you get back on your feet soon and can finish your gifts. You are a brave woman, you can do it.

em's scrapbag said...

The little sock is precious. How fun to win all the ugly fabric. I think ugly fabrics make great quilts.

jacquie said...

hmmmm...ugly fabric...won't be ugly for long, i'll bet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails