Sunday, December 21, 2008

White Christmas

Yay, only four more days until Christmas! I can't believe how lucky we have been to have so much snow this year here in the Seattle area. It is so magical. I took this picture the other day when it was coming down. There is a lot more now.


The kids had some fun with the snow. They are lucky to get to experience snow. I grew up in the L.A. area and I didn't see snow fall from the sky until I was a little older then they are. It was in Utah and I remember being amazed at how quiet it was.




I went grocery shopping the other day and made a bee-line for magazines hoping to score the Fons and Porter Baby Quilts magazine. I was hoping it would just come in the mail but it must be one of those special editions you have to go buy. The only reason I bought it...Nanette has a quilt in it. Do you think she would be a little scared of me if I mailed her my copy to sign it?



Thanks for all the nice comments about the potholders I made. Many of you asked about the pattern. It is called Handy Heart Potholders. I did a Google search and found a few shops that sell it. I thought they were fun to make and they work great.


My husband really wanted Christmas cookies this year. He wanted to give plates of cookies to our friends and neighbors and of course keep some for our family. I can't fulfill that wish with my back being ornery, not that he asked me to. So yesterday he started baking, with the kids helping, at about 11am. At noon he made lunch and we all sat down and ate together. He went back into the kitchen and baked all afternoon. I was playing card games with the kids when all of a sudden he says, "dinner's ready". Yep, he made dinner! How stinkin' lucky am I! Guess where he is this morning? In the kitchen starting on the sugar cookies that we will frost later today. Wow!

I will now leave you with this thought...What is wrong with Nicholas Sparks? You know the guy who wrote The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, At First Sight, and many other books. By the end of the book I just read, I was so irritated. He builds a loving relationship between two people and then BAM he kills one of them off. What is up with that?! He doesn't do it in every book he has written but he has done it in most of the books I have read. My husband says it is to make the book more memorable. I guess I just like, and would rather have, a happy ending.

4 comments:

conner posse said...

hey, how am i supposed to give you the gift of our traditional christmas cookies if you go making them for yourselves?? GRRR... haha! i am soooo lovin' this snow, too. here's to a white christmas!!

MelissaS said...

Amen to happy endings! I watched Atonement and felt like I had wasted my time when I saw the end.

em's scrapbag said...

You are so lucky to have a hubby who cooks. Mine has no clue. But is the best a doing dishes.
I agree with you and happy endings. I'm a happily ever after kind of girl.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm howling with laughter. Me -? haha Sign the pattern. Oh Trisha what a nice thing to say. Hilarous and it made me smile very big! THank you. I hate sad endings in books, too! I wish I had time to make cookies. Maybe after Christmas?

Related Posts with Thumbnails