Sunday, January 4, 2009

Better Late Than Never


So here is my first finished quilt of the year! I worked on hand stitching the binding this weekend and it went pretty quick since it was such a small project. I have a bunch of Hallmark Christmas movies recorded. I didn't get through all of them before Christmas, so I watched The Christmas Box while I worked on the binding.




Here is the quilt all finished. I hung it on the wall just to take a picture and then put it away for later this year. I will probably forget about it and when I decorate for Christmas in eleven months it will be like a surprise!




I decided to join Judy's stashbusting for 2009. It goes well with my goals for the year and it will help me be accountable. Plus, I love the idea of seeing how many yards of fabric I bust every week. So here are my numbers for this week...


Fabric Added this Week: 2.75 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 2.75 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 2 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 2 yards


I know, totally unimpressive. But I feel good because I finished my little Christmas quilt. I also started a leaders and enders project making nine patches. I was so proud of myself that I could say that I didn't buy any fabric but then my husband reminded me that I ordered some charm packs online for some quilts that I am going to make soon as Christmas presents for this year. I am pretty determined to start early making presents and avoid the stress that comes every year leading up to Christmas.


18 comments:

Catherine said...

That's a great first finish! What an adorable Christmas quilt!
I'm joining you in the trying to get gifts made early. I'm planning to start making this month. I would love to get to December and have everything done!

Donna said...

Good job on a finish already! You'll be in positive numbers in no time. Love the fabrics in your wallhanging and the coordinating fabric on the back.

Donna said...

I love your Christmas quilt. I love to use that method for 9 patches also. I have made a quilt from leaders and enders, so it does make a difference. Great start for 2009.

em's scrapbag said...

I just love your Christmas quilt. It will certainly make your home festive in 11 months. Enjoy stash busting. Can't wait to see what wonderful things you create.

Sherry said...

What a cute little quilt! I love the fabric that looks like ribbon candy.

You are doing very well. . keep up the good work!

jacquie said...

darling! it will be like opening a present when it comes out next christmas. i need to stash bust too.

Libby said...

Fun surprise for next Christmas, and it's super cute. I like the way the colors are Christmas-y but not too traditional.

MelissaS said...

Love your Christmas quilt!

Lori in South Dakota said...

that's a great quilt. I seem to leave up my seasonal quilts all year round I like them so much!

conner posse said...

that turned out so cute!! and i love the accountability idea! so...when are you coming over to sift through fabric with me?!

Julie said...

Very cute. I love the hooks on the Christmas balls. You will be happy to find it next year.

Linda said...

I love the quilt!!! It is Lovely!

Pat said...

Adorable quilt!
and I have to say, I love the 2nd part of your blog title
"where knitting and quilting vie for attention"
I completely relate to that!!!

We Six Nasons said...

That is really pretty. I love the colors and your pins. I am too afraid to commit to stash busting, but I hope that you are successful!

randi---i have to say said...

What a cute quilt! Love the fabrics!

ChristyH said...

Really cute quilt!

Jackie said...

I love your quilt and congratulations on finishing it! I like to have those little surprises when I open my Christmas decorations and I can't think of anything better than a quilt to be that surprise!

Linda said...

My sister and I bought the kit for the 3 Christmas Ball Ornaments. We got the fronts done and she finished hers up but mine isn't finished. She said she'd finish it for me. Gotta take her up on that. :)
Nice blog.
Linda

Related Posts with Thumbnails