Friday, January 2, 2009
I realized that I did a whole post on my goals for 2009 in regards to quilting but didn't mention a word about knitting. Shame on me! I do a pretty good job balancing the two but sometimes one has to take a backseat to the other.
For Christmas my sister gave me two beautiful sock yarns (cleverly packaged) all wound and ready for knitting. They are both Pagewood Farms, one of my favorite sock yarn makers. She must be psychic because one of the yarns she gave me is called Fabulous Fall and I have been visiting that colorway at my LYS for months now. But since I am on a sock yarn diet I have resisted. My discipline paid off! Now I have it in my hot little hands but can't cast on until all my sock orphans are done. That should be enough motivation, right?
My knitting goals for 2009 are pretty simple:
1. Finish my first sweater and hopefully want to wear it
2. If that goes well, start another one
3. Knit as many pairs of socks as possible (emphasis on the word 'pair')
4. Continue my sock yarn diet
5. Give away all the yarn I don't want anymore (I am not as crazy about acrylic and novelty yarns as I use to be)
I am really excited about my quilting and knitting goals for 2009. Should be a fun creative year!!