Friday, January 30, 2009

Knitting...

...knitting, and a little more knitting. That's about all the crafty I can get when I have to lay in my back chair. And that is where I have been spending most of my time lately. There is also a lot of reading, reading, reading happening but that doesn't have many pictures to go with it. So this post will be about the knitting instead.


I have been working on a lot of washcloths. They are fun to knit and there is a variety of patterns. They are also instant knitting gratification as they are so fast to knit. Here are two of my favorite patterns...






I think they both look pretty cool. I have also really been wanting a pair of fingerless gloves and there are so many great patterns out there. But for my first pair I wanted something fast as well as cute. So I went with Toasty and here is how they turned out...



They are a very quick and easy knit. Great television watching knitting because you just knit round and round. I used Cascade 220. It's a worsted weight wool and should prove to be very warm. This is my first time using this yarn and i really liked it. There will definitely be more fingerless gloves in my future. I am thinking a red pair for sure!

I ordered a DVD from Amazon recently but it didn't cost enough to get free shipping. So of course I had to get something else to get the free shipping! It took me a while to find something but I finally decided on this book...


I know this is a little beyond my level since I am currently knitting my first sweater but I couldn't resist. I love cables and aran sweaters and I thought this would be a good book to have. I haven't read through the whole thing yet but I like what I have read so far.

9 comments:

Tina said...

Cool, I love your fingerless gloves. I saw the washcloths you sent to Em! You've been knitting up a storm.

Gina said...

Love the colours you've been using in the washcloths.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Lou said...

start with an Aran pillow - not as intimidating as a sweater and then you can keep the finished item in front of you while you tackle the sweater. Reinforcement that you CAN do it. My first quilting teacher had us start that way with quilts...and it helped.

Lima Bean said...

I also am coveting your fingerless gloves. Very impressive.

We Six Nasons said...

I have always wanted to try making some fingerless gloves. Yours turned out great, I am going to check out the pattern you used, I can always use quick and easy! Hope your back feels better soon.

Catherine said...

Those fingerless gloves are great -- and oh, how they help keep one's hands warm!
Aran knitting isn't as difficult as it looks. Once one gets used to the design of a cable, it's amazing how fast you memorize it!
Your dishcloths are wonderful -- so colourful and cheerful!

jacquie said...

i love your gloves...i do wish i could knit! i've been looking everywhere for them.

Wool Winder said...

Great cloths and mitts! It's nice that you have knitting to keep you occupied when you aren't up to quilting.

conner posse said...

I wanna get me some fingerless gloves. Super cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails