Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK National Day of Service

I love the idea of a day of service on Martin Luther King Jr Day. I first read about it on Cheri's blog and liked her idea of working on a quilt for charity. I knew exactly which project I was going to work on. Last year I was at Joyful Quilters (my guild's charity quilting group) and I cut two kits for lap sized quilts. I brought them home to put them together and never got around to it. So I pulled them out today to work on them.

I only got to this quilt today and still need to add two more borders. I didn't get as much sewing time as I normally would when the kids are a school and hubby is at work. But I did get quite a lot done with the time that I had and I am happy I had the chance to participate with all the other bloggers out there making quilts for charity. Now to go spend some more time with my family!

7 comments:

Pat said...

Someone is going to be so happy to wrap that bright beautiful quilt around them :-)
What a wonderful way to spend your day!

rachel griffith said...

it's really cute!!!

ROZ said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love that kid's quilt that you are making.

Tina said...

Great way to spend your time today...what a wonderful idea! You got a lot done.

em's scrapbag said...

What a happy quilt. Someone is going to be so pleased with it.

Alycia said...

That is a very cute quilt! Great job.

jacquie said...

that's so great trisha. i love the idea of MLK day being a service day. someone is going to love this quilt. we collected canned food in my hubby's apartment. the apartment arranged for everyone to leave food outside their doors. i thought that was such a great idea too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails