Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where have I been?


I have been here. Busy being a mom, wife, friend, sister, and lot of other things. I did manage to fit in some quilting and knitting this past week. I took out a longtime UFO (an Alex Anderson sampler) and finished the rest of the blocks. I just need to decide what I want to do for the border of this quilt. I want to find the perfect fabric that ties all the colors together, but that would mean shopping. I am not opposed to buying the border fabric. But using my stash to finish this quilt would be awesome. When I started this project I was able to pull all the fabrics from my stash. It would be nice to be able to have this be an all stash quilt. Stay tuned...


My sister-in-law loved the hot pads and washcloths I made her for Christmas. She asked if I would knit her some more washcloths. I was delighted that she asked. Washcloths are quick and fun and I can't seem to stop myself!


I really wanted to make mug cozies as teacher gifts for Christmas this year. The snow meant that school got out for Winter Break earlier than planned and we didn't have a chance to give our gifts. I set it on the back burner and forgot about it. I couldn't find a pattern for what I wanted it to look like. So I designed my own. I hope it works out like I want it to!


My sister and I were supposed to be working on our Dear Jane quilt today. I tried, I really did. But it ended up being a day full of interruptions and I didn't get much done. Oh well, there is always next week!

12 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

I really like your sampler. Wish I knew how to knit so I could make the wash clothes. They look so nice.

Emily said...

I am just so amazed at your work each and every time I see something new. You are very talented...I know I have said it before, but I just can't get over it.

Emily

P.S. Those wash clothes are awesome. I have one similar, but maybe crocheted and I love it. Haven't learned to knit or crochet yet. :)

Lucy said...

I Love to see your washcloths! I knitted a lot of dishcloths when we were for a vacation in the states. I love to work with Lion Cotton.

Wool Winder said...

It's always a nice compliment when people request more of your knitting.

Karen said...

If you like your mug cozy will you share the pattern with us???

Lou said...

Do you have any of that "strawberry" fabric from the BOM? Looks like the colors might work. Isn't there a cream with just a little tiny print on it? That way it would be stash-busting.

We Six Nasons said...

I really like the colors of your quilt. The different blocks look so great together. It would be great if I could actually use my stash!

Tine said...

The sampler looks fantastic, and yes...there's always next week! That's what I keep telling myself too! LOL!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Our quilt group is making a sampler this year so I love seeing them. The wash cloths are so pretty stacked like that.

em's scrapbag said...

I have something for you on my blog when you have a min.

Mel said...

Hey Trisha, I did one of those samplers by Alex Anderson! I taught a beginners class at the local quilt shop and thought that was a great quilt to learn the basics!

ChristyH said...

I like the quilt colors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails