Saturday, February 14, 2009

I did it!

I knit like a crazy lady all week but I did it! I finished my sweater in time to wear it for Valentine's Day! Two o'clock this morning to be exact! I am absolutely crazy about it. I almost asked it to be my Valentine but I decided I better not. Wouldn't want my husband to feel bad. Here is the first shot... (I think the power lines really add to the feel of this photo)







I skipped out today with a couple friends to visit the Madrona Fiber Arts Show. We browsed the market place. Last year I spent WAY too much money and haven't even knit from any of it yet. So it was pretty easy to not be seduced by all the lovely yarn. I did walk away today with yarn to make the
Forest Canopy Shawl. I am excited to cast on my first lace shawl. The colorway is so perfect for spring...



And last but DEFINITELY not least was my brush with a famous knitter today at Madrona. I should say THE knitter as far as I am concerned. I got to meet Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka The Yarn Harlot. She was super nice and I have wanted to meet her since I started reading her books and her blog. She is currently knitting a February Ladies Sweater too and I got to see it in person.





Tonight we are going to dinner and (of course) I will wear my new sweater. I think I'll wear it to church tomorrow. And then I am going to wear it the next day and the next day and...


22 comments:

Catherine said...

Oooh, Trisha -- your sweater is fabulous!! I've heard about Madrona -- it sounds like a knitter's paradise! Have you ever heard Stephanie speak at a bookstore? I've heard her once -- and she was marvelously funny!

Tina said...

It's good you called! Love your sweater, awesome that you got it done. It is sooooo great! It looks so nice on you. You did a fabulous job! And so fun that you got to meet Stephanie! You're having a great Valentine's Day!

Tina said...

PS Your hair is getting so long!

rachel griffith said...

oh you did such a great job!!!
and it looks great!!!

it's nice to put a face with the name.
:D

rachel griffith said...

oh you did such a great job!!!
and it looks great!!!

it's nice to put a face with the name.
:D

peaknits said...

Your February Lady is gorgeous! And what great timing for a pretty red sweater!

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Your sweater turned out super cute!

Libby said...

Looks awesome! Perfect for heart day :)

a friend to knit with said...

you and your sweater look fabulous.
you really do wear it well. so you most certainly should wear it often!

Wool Winder said...

Congratulations on finishing in time. It looks wonderful on you! Nice work!

Simply This and That said...

Love the sweater! It's fabulous! Love "seeing" you too! I always love to be able to put a face with the name. It amazes me when I see people knitting things like this. Amazing! ooxx`jodi

Lou said...

I had to come home and cast on for the sweater, too. Nice that you finished it so I can come to you for advice when I mess up.
(yesterday I bought some square DPNs! Had to cast on some socks, too, so I could try them out. Pretty cool.)

We Six Nasons said...

The sweater fits perfectly, that is one of the great joys of knitting for yourself. You get to make sure that it fits in all the right places. Great job!

em's scrapbag said...

I knew you could do it. And it looks A-MAZE-ZA-ZING! You look great in it as well. Glad you had a fun Valentines!

Bartlett Fam said...

That is freakin awesome!! I want one! how much?

Candace said...

Trisha - it's adorable! And it really goes well with your fabulous glasses! Great job!
Cheers!

conner posse said...

woah, that is GORGEOUS!!! you did an amazing job, trish!!!! and you wear it so well. so great to finally put a face to your name, too. oh wait - you're my sis and i see you all the time. LUCKY ME! heehee... the sweater is lovely and SO ARE YOU!

Lucy said...

Ooo I LOVE, LOVE your new sweater. I should wear it every day too!

jovaliquilts said...

Wonderful sweater! No wonder you wanted it for a Valentine. ;)

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

That turned out so so so cute! I love it.

Rebekah said...

your sweater looks fabulous on you! I love the color...that's so cool that you got to meet the harlot in your new sweater and see her wip!

Des said...

wow, that's a cool sweater!! I totally admire people who can knit and then actually wear it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails