Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sweater Update

I have spent a lot of time knitting lately and I am thoroughly enjoying it. As I have mentioned before, I am knitting my first sweater. I chose the February Ladies Sweater because it is knit from the top down and that would give me a chance to try it on periodically to see if it is fitting. So far it seems to be fitting great!

It is a pretty easy pattern to understand and I haven't come across anything that baffles me with this pattern so that's good. I love the yarn I picked. Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in the Firecracker Heather colorway. I have been using a felted join when I start a new ball of yarn. It feels like I am doing a magic trick every time!


I will be finishing this sweater this month. Very appropriate, don't you think? But even better I want to have it done so I can wear it on Valentine's Day. Stop laughing! It could happen. That is if I don't run out of yarn. I am getting a little nervous about that...

13 comments:

rachel griffith said...

oh it's pretty!!!
and you can do it by valentine's.
that's only a week away!!!
{alot can happen in a week.}

Wool Winder said...

It looks great! One day I need to try a felted join. I don't mind weaving in ends, so I've been lazy about learning this technique. I can see where it would be very useful with this particular sweater.

ChristyH said...

The sweater is looking really nice. I love the red color.

Catherine said...

Your sweater is going to be so pretty!! I love the colour.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

This is so cute. I love the color too. I always wonder about fit. It is easier to take in a shirt than fix knitting. Oh well. My daughter is a knitting freak. She is so prolific. Her stuff is so cute.

The Livingston Place said...

A lot of these words is like jumping into Chinese class for me...not a clue. I thought a 'freak' was...a freak. And 'felted joins'?...However...I know cute clothing when I see it and that lil sweater is darling and I love it!!!

Do you measure yourself and then just keep knitting until you get to the length of your arm kind of thing? Knitting is so big for me...but it's something I'd like to try someday. You're sooooo cool!

a friend to knit with said...

oh! good luck finishing it! i am sure you can!!!
and i am IMPRESSED! your very first sweater and you chose that!!!

We Six Nasons said...

You are doing a wonderful job! I love the pattern and color. You will get it done, I know you will...

em's scrapbag said...

Very pretty and I love the color. What a great gift to yourself for Valentines. You can do it!

Hirono said...

Hi Trish! It's Hirono! The sweater looks beautiful and the red would look so good on you! Good luck on finishing it by the Valentine's Day! I know you can do it!

Darleen said...

Hi Trish Wondered if you had heard about the Yarn & Fiber Marketplace at the Hotel Murano in Tacoma this weekend. For info go to www.madronafiberarts.com

Hope all is well with you. Are you going on the retreat this weekend? I am no. I will be on the Memorial Day one.

Darleen Stanton

Dionne said...

It's beautiful!
Cheers,
Dionne

Tina said...

Can't wait to see a picture of you in your sweater on Valentine's Day! Hope you aren't pulling an all nighter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails