Wednesday, March 18, 2009

4SQS5


I finished my quilt for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap 5 and I am excited to share it with you. It is always a fun thing to do a swap but for me it is even more fun when my sister is participating in the same swap. We usually talk on the phone prior to making the quilts and have a great brainstorming session. It is really fun to share that with her.



My partner picked Spring and yellow or red and I was really excited after talking with Tina about the direction I chose for this quilt. The whole monochromatic thing was quite a challenge but I was up for it.



Who else can say that they planned world domination while hand binding their quilt? Luckily my family was understanding that I had to make a deadline.





I made cheery yellow umbrellas with hand embroidered handles...


I just couldn't help but throw in a red one...






They say that April showers bring May flowers so I picked out a sweet floral for the back of the quilt.



I sure hope my partner likes it! I had a lot of fun making it and like every swap, I wish I would have made a second one to keep.


Here is the little gift I made for my nephew. I thought another sweater was going to be my second but this one snuck in. I guess it could be sweater 1.5.



Yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots
Needles: size 6
Size: 0-6 months
This was fun to knit and pretty quick. My first sweater was a top down raglan with no seaming so this little sweater was good practice for me in knitting in pieces and then seaming them together. I learned a lot! I can't wait to see it on my little nephew when he has grown a bit.

7 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, I love your umbrellas! They turned out soooo cute!

I think you are the only one who can concentrate on world domination and binding at the same time!

The sweater is so sweet! Jackson will look adorable in it!

Wool Winder said...

The umbrella quilt square is darling. Your swap partner is going to love it.

Cute sweater, too. I hope you get a picture of your nephew wearing it.

We Six Nasons said...

The umbrellas are so adorable. Throwing in the red umbrella was a great idea. Your swap partner will be pleased! The yellow flowers are very sweet. The little sweater is so cute! I love baby sweaters. Very quick to knit for immediate gratification!

Jodi@SimplyThisThat &... said...

love the umbrella's! So cute! ooxx`jodi

Candace said...

Trisha - it is so darned cute!
Cheers!

Rhonda said...

Awww... the umbrella quilt is adorable!

Your new nephew is even more adorable. Congrats! Can't wait to see him in his cute sweater too.

Mel said...

I absolutely love your umbrella quilt! Adding the red was genius!

Related Posts with Thumbnails