Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Best St Patty's Day EVER!!

I didn't know that when I woke up this morning and donned my favorite green shirt that this would be the St. Patrick's Day to beat all St. Patrick Days. I was working in my son's classroom when the office called over the intercom and said I had a phone call. What? Who would call me there? I picked up the phone and was so shocked to hear my sister, Ellen, on the other end telling me it was time. Time to have her baby!!! She invited me long ago to be part of her special day and I have been SOOO looking forward to being there. I got to the hospital about the same time that Ellen and Jim did. I got to be there when she got settled in her room, when the contractions got harder and more painful , I got to watch her get an epidural, I recorded all the stats as things progressed, I took tons of pictures and video, I got to laugh and joke with Jim and Ellen between contractions and after the epidural kicked in, and most amazing of all I got to watch my new little nephew be born. I have had two babies and it was quite an experience both times but it was totally different to witness a birth from where I stood. It was the most incredible thing! I am so grateful that my sister let me be a part of it. I spent the next four hours taking pictures and video and helping where needed. He was a few hours old by the time I got to hold him and it was wonderful.


Look at his cute little green hat the nurses picked out for him. My sister and brother-in-law named him Jackson. He was 8 lbs and 20" long.


I wish I had more pictures to share but this is all I had on my camera. All the good pics are on my sister's camera. I wish you could see how good she looked. Like she hadn't even had a baby! I will be back tomorrow to show you my finished 4SQS5 quilt and the little gift I made for my new little nephew.

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable!

Tina said...

That is so cool! How exciting to get to be there. Thanks for sharing a picture, that's the first one I've seen!

Kim said...

I got to be there when my daughter had her two babies. It is definitely a precious moment to share with your sister! Congratulations! I loved the pictures too!

Hirano Hapa-nings said...

Yay! Pictures of cute Jackson! He's a cutie for sure. So cool that you got to be there and witness this blessed event. I can't wait to meet him!

Gina said...

Congratulations

Love and hugs Gina xxx

jacquie said...

congrats! so fun that you got to be a part of the big event.

Wool Winder said...

He's so sweet! How special that you were there to see him born.

We Six Nasons said...

What an amazing experience. It really is the best St. Patty's day Ever! Congratulations!

Lou said...

I got to be there for Scotty's birth. We were all in tears. It's a priceless moment. Tell them congrats!

em's scrapbag said...

That is just beautiful. He is sooo perfect. What a great experience.

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you and your sisters family. I went in with my sister-in-law 29 years ago when my nephew was born and I still remember the thrill of watching him come into this world.
Diane in Alaska

Candace said...

Congratulations Auntie Trisha! What a beautiful, big boy he is! And how fun to be born on St. Patrick's Day!
Cheers!

MelissaS said...

5 years ago I saw my best friend's baby be born. It was awesome. Nothing beats that feeling. And yes you are very right about witnessing a baby being born is totally different than actually giving birth!

He's a doll!

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats Aunty.......welcome to the world Jackson..........

Related Posts with Thumbnails