Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Knitting


For Easter I am knitting my daughter a sweater. She has been admiring my
February Lady Sweater since I finished it. So we went online to Knit Picks and she picked out a pretty turquoise merino wool yarn.


She is 10 years old and small for her age so I had her pick a DK weight yarn instead of a worsted weight like the pattern called for. Then I cast on for the XS size and prayed it would fit her. Luckily with a top down sweater you can try it on as you go, so we have done that alot. I had to make the yoke smaller than the XS pattern called for when I realized that it was going to end up too big for her. So I stopped the increases and started the lace pattern sooner. It worked beautifully and I can't wait to have this sweater finished so she can wear it. I have also enjoyed getting to knit this pattern a second time. Second knit = less mistakes. I like that!


That pretty floral that the sweater is laying on is some fabric she and I picked out to go with her sweater. I am going to make her a skirt to complete her outfit.

7 comments:

Kim said...

What a sweet outfit this will be. So bright and happy for easter. She will be darling in it. Remember to post pictures of the out fit when you're done. I'd love to see it.

julieQ said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! I admit to being a little envious of all you knitters...I just can't do it, after lots of attempts! That looks to be an heirloom to me.

Tina said...

A good project to work on while you watch Conference. I love the color and can't wait to see her wearing her new Easter outfit!

Catherine said...

What a pretty yarn colour! I'd love to see it when it's completed too!

Alison Boon said...

Great colour. Clever you for making the necessary adjustments.

Wool Winder said...

It's looking great! I'm excited to see the final ensemble.

We Six Nasons said...

Very nice, your daughter will look so sweet for Easter. I love making my daughters outfits too. I can't wait to see the finished sweater and skirt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails