Friday, April 24, 2009

My Quilt Festival Pick

Amy over at Park City Girl is hosting a huge, fun quilt festival for bloggers. I have been having so much fun visiting the participant's blogs that I thought it would be fun to be one of them. If I were to pick a favorite quilt then it would be this quilt, but that quilt has probably had enough air time so I am picking another one I love.


One of my sisters asked me (or maybe I volunteered, I don't remember) to make a crib bedding set for her soon to be born baby girl. She bought some beautiful fabric by Moda called In Full Bloom. It was so pretty that I couldn't wait to play with it! The crib set turned out beautiful and I kick myself that I didn't ever get a picture of it! But I had a second chance a few years later when my sister asked me (or maybe I volunteered, yep I don't remember that either) to make a twin quilt out of the fabric that was left over. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out a pattern that worked with the left overs but I designed something that worked.





I ended up using some of my fabric from my stash but most of it is the Moda fabric that was left over from the crib set.



I had always wanted to do a picket fence on a quilt and found this to be the perfect opportunity.



I wish I could take credit for the incredible quilting on this one but that was my friend, Lou. She did a great job.






Thanks Amy for this virtual festival! I have found so many awesome, new blogs!

28 comments:

Zonnah said...

Very pretty! I love the fence.

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a great design. Love the Lilac colors.

rachel griffith said...

cute, cute, cute.
especially the fence.

joanne aka the rustic quilter said...

The picket fence is so cool! Very pretty quilt.

Quilt Rat said...

Oh the flowers, the colours and that picket fence.........just a wonderfully delightful quilt, Well done!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Really cute quilt! I love the fence :) thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

OMG your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! i just LOVE it! so pretty and girly and i love the fence...you need to write a pattern for that one!!!

Sherri said...

Love the white picket fence! A great quilt!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow such a great quilt design. Love the colors. You did a great job!

Linda said...

I've never seen anything like this with the picket fence. I really love it. It would be great for a garden theme bedroom. Take care,
Linda

AnnieO said...

Purple and green never fail to look cheery! the picket fence is lovely. What a lucky sister you have!

Catherine said...

What a pretty quilt. The picket fence is fabulous!

Libby said...

Great design! I too love the picket fence especially. A very sweet quilt.

stitchinpenny said...

Cute applique flowers that are so perfect for a little girl.

jacquie said...

ooooh the picket fence is great!!! there's something about a garden of flowers protected by a white picket fence. thanks for sharing!

We Six Nasons said...

I love the flowers! Such pretty, fresh colors for a girls bed. Moda is great.

Allie said...

Darling - I love the fence, great design!

SewCalGal said...

You are very talented. Beautiful quilt. Great use of color & design.

Thank you for sharing!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Christa Irell said...

LOVE the picket fence- it suits your "flower garden" perfectly. Great job!

Wool Winder said...

Love it!

Muddling Through said...

That is such a pretty little picket fenced garden right there for you to look at every day!

AJ said...

I love the white picket fence on that quilt. Simply adorable!

yarnahoy said...

SO very pretty!

Vicki said...

Very pretty. I really like the fence.

Michelle said...

The flowers are beautiful. I love the picket fence.

Jeannette said...

Hope you keep this room fragrant with some flower scent. A little dried lavender would really match this lovley playful quilt!

Four O'Clock Quilt Company said...

I made a quilt out of that fabric. I loved it! Yours is very cute with that picket fence. Cute, cute!

creativedawn said...

Lovely quilt...love the white picket fence!

love the story as well...
hugz, Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails