Thursday, April 23, 2009

ZigZag Sprinkles...

...is the what my daughter named these socks as they were fresh off the needles. These are going to be so hard for me to part with. I bought the yarn for my mom, also a knitter, thinking she would want to try her hand at sock knitting. She didn't end up being interested in knitting socks so I took the yarn back with the promise of a finished pair for her to enjoy. And here they are...






I love how the ribbing blends into the zigzag pattern.

Pattern: Zigzag Socks by Christine Walker from The Ultimate Sock Book
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Tweed in Plum
Needles: 2.50 mm set of DPNs


I am definitely going to make a pair of these for myself!

10 comments:

Tina said...

She's going to love them. Very pretty!

Wool Winder said...

Cute name for a great looking pair of socks.

Lou said...

Very very cool!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What cute cute yarn too. Socks are like a new fashion accessory.

Heather said...

I adore purple socks. These are beautiful. Heading to the library to check out this book...

Catherine said...

Those are so pretty!! A real spring feeling to that colour!

Hirono said...

Your daughter is super adorable for naming it "ZigZag Sprinkles" and what a cute pair of sock you made! I love it!

By the way, congratulations on having your lovely quilt published! That is an AMAZING thing! Aaah, you're so inspiring!

ChristyH said...

Those turned out nice. I need to find a nice pattern for my plum tweed.

Rebekah said...

these are beautiful! I love the stitch pattern and the yarn that you used

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful daughter your mother has.

The socks are all washed and waiting to be worn again.

However today it was 92 out and she wore sandals.

Love,
Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails