Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Mother's Day

I think Mother's Day might be my new favorite holiday! My family makes it a weekend celebration and I eat it up. Literally! My kids and husband plan a fun menu and do all the cooking. It is a nice break to not be allowed in the kitchen.

They also spoil me with their love, attention, and time. Saturday we went to the kids' school and played out on the field. We played
bocce ball, croquet, and catch with a baseball and mitts. Then we went to our community center and played pool (my favorite!), and then went geocaching. I love spending time as a family. That night we had a games marathon where we all wrote games we wanted to play on a scrap of paper that went into a hat. I got to draw the pieces of paper out and we would play whatever the paper said. It was lots of fun.

Sunday I was treated to a delicious breakfast and then cards and gifts. My son made this cute clay heart for me at school. I love these homemade gifts.


He also gave me the cutest little homemade coupons for me to cash in. They were doing dishes, going for a walk with me, and going grocery shopping. I laughed out loud at that last one. I think he might need my help on that one. And he wrapped up a few coins for me, so cute!


My daughter put her jewelry skills to work and made me this beautiful bookmark. And she wrote me a lovely card. She told me this past week that she can't wait to be a mom and that she has learned how to be a good mom from me. Awww, so sweet! (I'm glad she feels that way even though often I feel like have a lot to improve on)



At one of the "meetings" my husband and kids were having leading up to Mother's Day, my husband asked them what they think I would want as a gift. They both said definitely this...



... and that's what I got!! I was so excited and surprised that my kids knew about them! I have been wanting these beautiful interchangeable needles for a while now. They will make my sweater and lace knitting so enjoyable.


I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend as well. I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to be a mother. It is a huge responsibility, but I would never want it any other way.

10 comments:

Kim said...

What thoughtful children you have not to mention your wonderful husband too! It's so great to see when husbands catch the vision of making their wives feel special!

The knitting needles look really cool too and I'm so impressed that they know what you would like.

It sounds like you had a very special day with your family.

Lou said...

These are the coolest needles - you'll love them. And you got them just in time for the LYS tour! How convenient - new patterns, new yarn, new needles!

We Six Nasons said...

You had a really great Mother's Day! Your family really put a lot of thought and effort into making it a very special day. Your knitting needles are beautiful and they will give many hours of knitting pleasure!

em's scrapbag said...

What a thoughtful family you have. Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day. Enjoy your present!

Rebekah said...

wow! It looks like you were spoiled this year! I love the heart shaped pocket...such a precious art project!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Wow, it is nice to see you pampered. I think everyone should follow that example! Great gift.

Allison said...

Hey Trisha, its so much fun to meet all these fun bloggers from the Seattle area!!! I'm hoping for nice weather this weekend! They say it will be nice and warm and I'm holding them to it, we've had yucky weather since we got here except for one or two days. Remember last year this time it was like record highs!! We are leaving on Monday just in time for more rain. :) Have a great day, thanks for stopping by I'm having fun snooping around your blog! -Allison

Bunny said...

Sounds like you had an amazing day. I also love Mother's Day had a wonderful one too. Love those needles.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day...and homemade goodies from the kiddos, what could be better. But those needles look pretty darn wonderful. Your family really knows what you love!

Linda said...

What a lovely thoughtful family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails