Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nine-Patches

I am really excited about three by three, the nine patch swap that twiddletails is hosting. I really enjoy making nine-patches and love the numerous possibilities with fabric and quilt patterns that incorporate them. Instead of just picking two fabrics and making all my blocks with them, I will be making a variety. I am also using this method which I think is fun, fast, and fairly accurate. If you are making 6" (finished) nine-patch blocks too, you can use this method by cutting your starting squares at 7 1/2" and your strips at 2 1/2".


The rules are that you have to use two fabrics per block and that they have to be medium or dark, not light. This is what I have so far and I am starting to question whether some of the fabrics I picked are considered light. Do I need to start over?

7 comments:

The Livingston Place said...

Okay, like...I'm not even the person to give advice cuz what do I know? But I think these are darling!!! DARLING!!!!

MelissaS said...

I love them!

Rebekah said...

cute stuff! I have just joined crazymomquilts nine patch along with scrappy fabric. I can't wait to get started

Candace said...

Cute 9-patches, Trisha - I think the colors are perfect! I also checked out your tutorial - I had never seen them done that way and can't wait to give it a try!
Cheers!

em's scrapbag said...

I think they look great! Take a picture of with your camera using the black and white setting. It will let you know how your values read.

Catherine said...

I think they're super the way they are. There's something about 9-patch blocks -- I love making them!

Allison said...

I love these nine patches! Thanks for stopping by the blog, I also use the basting spray when I have it. It just depends on if I have it and if I want to lose brain cells that day! :) Thanks for saying hello, I love seeing what other people are working on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails