Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quilt Retreat - part 1

I had a wonderful time at my quilt retreat. I look forward to it all year and it never disappoints. The view is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the time I get to spend with my friends quilting away is priceless.




Here is the big reveal on what I used all those log cabin blocks for...

My friend stood on a chair for me so I could get a picture, this quilt is a twin size. I love how it turned out. This is a block of the month quilt that was partially done when I started back up on it this past weekend. I had to finished the mountains and stars (my own design) and the yellow star block on the bottom before the middle was complete. The original design had a cat block and a dog block in it. I thought they didn't go with the design at all so I omitted them and came up with the mountain idea. And yes, (if you were wondering) this is the quilt that has the folded flower block from my blog header.

After that I needed a break and needed something small. Our guild's block of the month is a 3-D pinwheel block. Our guild has been so busy getting ready for the quilt show that's coming up this weekend that no one participated in last month's block of the month. So we all worked on the block for this month. We got a good collection going just from our little group. I made two, maybe I will win!



I've had this charm pack of Moda's Red, White, & Bold fabric line for a while. I took it with me so I could make it just in time for Memorial Day. The top was done in time but it still needs layered, quilted, and bound. Hopefully I will have it done by the 4th of July!



I was on a roll with charm packs so I got out my Nouveau and worked on some windmills. I like the look of them on point.



I got a lot done and had a good time. I will be back soon to show you all the beautiful quilts and projects that my friends worked on.

16 comments:

Lou said...

the windmills are great. I think this is turning into one of my favorite blocks. The fabric choice totally changes the mood so you can do a LOT with a very simple block. Can't wait to see the pictures of all the other quilts/tops/etc. Did you get any that are blackmail quality?

Sherri said...

What a great retreat...you sure got a lot accomplished...and such beautiful scenery as well!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

You are on a roll there! It is amazing what a shot in the arm a retreat can been creatively.

rachel griffith said...

it all looks great!!!
wow.
go you!!!
that's awesome.

Vicki W said...

What an incredible view and you worked on some great projects!

Candace said...

Wow - you really had a productive retreat, Trisha! I love the red white and blue table runner - what pattern did you use? At first I thought your retreat must have been at Fort Flagler - we have had great retreats there - but I see you weren't that far from home -beautiful!
Cheers!

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh my goodness how beautiful, I just love everything in this post. Boy do you have an eye for fabric and color. Just lovely and SO inspiring! :)

sewtakeahike said...

Your quilts are all great but the first one is soooo cool! I love all the detail you put into it, very nice work!

Karen said...

Your log cabin quilt turned out really nice! I like the way you have a variety of blocks in the center surrounded by log cabin blocks.

peaknits said...

Wow, what a wonder4ful collection of new quilts - nice work!

Wool Winder said...

The log cabin quilt is wonderful! I like the addition of the mountains and stars. I can't even imagine a cat and dog instead. Perfect!

em's scrapbag said...

Love the patriotic stars. What a great 4th of July quilt. Sound like you had a wonderful time and were very productive.

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, so much done! I love the way you used the log cabin blocks as a frame. It looks terrific!

pat said...

I LOVE your log cabin quilt and I agree - stars and mountains way better than cat/dog!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time - I've never done a quilt retreat - maybe someday...

Rebekah said...

Wow! You got so much accomplished. It looks like a fabulous time.

I love how your first quilt turned out...those log cabin blocks surrounding the botm blocks really helps to make them stand out

Libby said...

The log cabin blocks got put to a great use! I love that combination with the block of the month blocks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails