Friday, May 29, 2009

Retreat - Part 2


Before I show you all the great projects that my friends made at our retreat, I wanted to remind you about this...




My guild's quilt show is this weekend! May 30th and 31st. If you live in the Seattle area, I hope you will come. I will be there all day Saturday, so come say hi.



On to the retreat...

This is Lou and she is HILARIOUS. I mention Lou often on my blog. She invited me to join the guild and she is just too fun. Doesn't she look fun...

...and a little crazy. Lou has us all laughing so hard that we all leave the retreat every year with six pack abs. Lou worked on a lot of different projects but I didn't get pictures of them all. Here is a pretty batik quilt that she spent a lot of her time on.


This is Barb, quite the model isn't she? She has become a whiz at making this wallet purses.





She also made this table runner start to finish. I love the cheerful '30s fabrics?



Barb was guild president for the last couple of years and as a thank you everyone made these cat blocks for her. She found the perfect setting for them don't you think?


This is Amber. She is co-chairing our quilt show and she has a wonderful eye for fabrics. She brought this quilt and I think all it had left was the binding. I love this black and white bento box.

Here's another one of her wonderful quilts.



I adore this strippy pieced quilt with all the bright colors.


Love the brights with the black. Cool visual effect.


This is Darlene. She was my table mate and I was so glad to get to sit by her. She's easy going and fun. I love her scrappy blue and yellow quilt. Those colors are so happy together.


I love the colors of this quilt too. A great pattern to show off the fabrics.





Darlene used a jelly roll to make this pretty braid quilt. I like how she put the lights on one side of the braid and the darks on the other.



This is Susan and she made this cool, quilt made from batiks. It was a kit that all the pieces are already cut with a diecut. It is the coolest thing!

She also made this pretty quilt using almost all Amy Butler prints.



This is Margot. She brought her little featherweight and sewed like mad all weekend. She made this cute turtle quilt and used stamping to do the lettering.

She also made this political quilt of her own design. I don't have a picture to show you of the borders she did but it was cool. She had stamped political words on strips of fabric that surrounded this center.

Here is Nan. Nan knows everything you need to know about quilting. I make her my mentor every time I go to retreats. And she does beautiful work. She used batiks for this cute one.



This quilt was so interesting to me. She used only two fabrics for it. Two hand dyed fabrics. One light and one dark. She cut them up and paired up lights and darks and it resulted in this beauty...



When I finally finish my block of the month from this past year it will look like this...


Nan is obviously a lot more on top of things than me.

Here is a gorgeous Hawaiian quilt that Nan started while at retreat. She cut it out and machine basted it and even did some needle turn applique on it. She gave me a little lesson on how to needle turn. Thanks, Nan!



Ada worked on a lot of projects. I only got this picture of her cute wallhanging in progress. She also worked on the Summer 2008 Block Party Quilt. We were all oohing and ahhing over her blocks.



Alice made this adorable little petal dress for her niece.




And she made this fun quilt for another relative.




This beautiful purple and green quilt is one that Sandy worked on. I love the use of striped border fabric pieced into the middle.



I hope you enjoyed this show and tell! Now I gotta run. Time to go help set up for the quilt show!

9 comments:

peaknits said...

What a delightful and productuve time! Everyone is doing nice work!

Dena said...

Trisha, I enjoyed looking at everyone's quilting projects. Thank you for sharing them.

jovaliquilts said...

I love seeing everyone's projects, thanks for showing them! I think the woven black with brights is terrific!

Tina said...

Have fun at the quilt show! Wish I could stop by!

Lou said...

Aren't we a talented group?????!!!!! Proof is in the mini quilt show...I wonder if any of these will show up in our guild's next big quilt show? (And I'm only crazy in public - at home I'm perfectly normal, just ask my cat!)

AJ said...

What wonderful quilts. Thanks for sharing them.

We Six Nasons said...

I really did enjoy your show and tell. It reminded me so much of the retreats that I was able to go to in Alaska. I miss those times. You are quite blessed to get to go to quilt retreats with such talented quilters.

Rebekah said...

Wow! You all put together such beautiful projects! It must be so nice to have a local group of quilters to inspire you!

julieQ said...

Each one is so pretty, but I love the 1930's table runner the very best. I am glad each person had such fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails